Business Manager - GMB Finance
Location - London
Daily rate - £550/day PAYE £705/day Umbrella
Start date - ASAP
Contract - 15 Months
Our financial services client is currently seeking a Business Manager to join their team in London. The purpose of this role is to support the GBM Finance COO to manage the operational activities to a high quality at an optimal cost. The role will support the GBM Finance COO in managing the administration of the GBM Finance function including financials / budget reporting and analysis, headcount management and initiate and drive forward people plans by holding people accountable for deliveries. Essential for the the roleholder is the ability to manage multiple priorities, work independently, drive people meetings, have strong analysis skills and be deadline focused.
- Responsible for the preparation of financial reporting and AOP of the GBM Finance function including coordination with regional business manager and input for group
- Support GBM Finance COO to partner with the Head of Finance and functional leaders to optimise the cost management structure, including cost centre structure management, cost management, budget management, AOP oversight.
- Support GBM Finance COO with review and analyse cost information and FTE trends to identify opportunities for cost reduction and drive productivity across Finance
- Support GBM Finance COO with direction or facilitates internal comms on behalf of the Head of Finance
- Support GBM Finance COO with agreement of organisational structure and with the delivery of Organisational Effectiveness and delivering the benefits.
- May act as Relationship Manager with key stakeholders and service providers to Finance, eg, IT and HR, and represent the GBM Finance function HSBC-wide, both internally and externally
- Support GBM Finance COO to develop an effective function through communication, development plans and reward/recognition practices and to cultivate an environment that supports diversity and inclusion
- Deliver AOP and manage costs within AOP
- Drive productivity and efficiency gains
- Communications plan delivered.
- Represents the GBM Finance Function at the senior programme steering level
- Resourcing plan for function
- Headcount management incl. weekly headcount tracking and reporting
- Manging hiring approvals
- Active participation within the Global Finance COO community
- Previous COO / Business management experience
- Broad experience across financials, people and transformation
- Analytical skill to support cost and other analysis for the functions
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with proven ability to handle multiple outputs at one time
- Deadline focused and ability to deliver
- Can work autonomously
- Strong drive, commitment and focus in executing a change agenda
- Continuous improvement experience desired
- Finance processing and operational management experience (including cost and control management experience)
- Execution oriented: proactive escalation of issues while maintaining solution orientation and an ability to navigate through the HSBC matrix to be able to achieve desired results
- Influencing, negotiating and interpersonal skills in a complex global environment
If you think you are up for the task and feel you meet the above criteria or interested to hear more information please contact me on [Telephone number removed] /