Reports To: Director, Professional Services
Level: 40 - Professional
The Project Manager (PM) position is a key member of the Professional Services Consulting team, leading the internal project planning for our customers. The PM role is both internal and customer facing providing billable Project Management functions from inception to completion of projects.
The PM is to ensure successful installation, configuration, development, and delivery of Winshuttle solutions. The PM is responsible for managing the project lifecycle for the Professional Services Consulting function. This requires leading the project practices for the department pertaining to project artifacts, planning, and resourcing of projects, collaboration, and overall communication for assigned projects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Document and Plan
- Plans, direct, and ensure successful delivery of Customer-facing projects.
- Lead and oversee customer facing deployment projects of varying scope and scale ranging from Winshuttle solution projects of a highly complex nature to smaller software tools or upgrade projects.
- Generate detailed project plans that convey key activities, timelines, and resource requirements necessary to achieve project objectives.
- Assist with defining project scope and objectives, develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resources plan and status reports.
- Provides assistance in identifying, evaluating and developing appropriate Professional Services policies and procedures that are efficient, effective and support Corporate Policies and Objectives.
- Manages a regular cadence of reporting on the status/state of projects, including performance of the budget, schedule, quality and other required project metrics.
- Provides ongoing reconciliation between long-term goals and short-term actions.
Scope and Resource
- Assemble project teams, assign individual responsibilities, identify appropriate resources needed and develop schedules to ensure timely and cost-efficient completion of projects.
- Manage customer-facing projects that vary in complexity, length, budget, number of resources, etc.
- Interface with the client's project teams to ensure the Winshuttle aspects of the project have the proper attention and resources.
- Develop and manage project budget and schedule of required resources.
- Responsible for capturing and driving to resolution project risks and issues.
- Develop and maintain staffing requirements to support the current projects.
- Evaluate existing tools, processes and methods and recommend improvements to mature overall customer success.
Collaboration and Leadership
- Responsible for building and maintaining relationships between the Customer, project team, internal and external Delivery Partners.
- Experience in Project Management and able to lead the project team members to help them achieve project-related goals.
- Maintain strong work standards, and promotes productivity, accountability, and high morale.
- Act as a liaison between sales, services and support for the implementation of projects that ensure Winshuttle is exceeding customer expectations
- Facilitate problem resolution and issue tracking.
- Create and lead process and procedures necessary to produce the deliverables from the team and to work effectively with other internal and external teams.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt to and lead change, and coach project team members in the acceptance and support of change.
- Facilitate internal project meetings and customer facing project status meetings, track, review and manage project tasks, and deliverables as required to focus on business, operational, or technical issues
- Provide guidance to project team members, ensuring adherence to quality standards and maintaining high team productivity
- Responsible for overall project success as measured by the voice of the customer.
- 4+ years' experience in a software installation Project Manager role
- Effectively lead customer facing business solution projects from project initiation through project close using industry standard practices
- Understands the impact of technology on business challenges, processes, and efficiency
- Can explain the benefits of a technical product / solution to a client in relation to the client's business needs
- Works interdependently and can manage multiple projects concurrently
- Translates technical information into easy to understand language for customers
- Able to read and interpret technical information
- Compose clear and concise technical written communication
- Customer facing Software Project Management
- Strong understanding of project management principles
- Compliance/tracking/metrics background
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- PMP certification is a plus.
- MDM, PIM and/or SAP background is a plus
- Receptive to change - is flexible. Seeks and adopts improved approaches and processes.
- Initiates action - is results oriented, takes responsibility for actions and outcomes. Meets commitments and strives for high performance.
- Manages the workload - makes timely decisions, prioritizes effectively, solves problems, monitors results and takes remedial action where necessary.
- Technically proficient - knows role and has a solid familiarity with tasks and responsibilities.
- Takes responsibility for own learning - knows personal strengths and recognizes development needs. Is open to feedback and always seek to learn.
- Communicates ideas - strong facilitation and written communication, proposes a way forward. Listens to views of colleagues and takes in diverse perspectives.
- Works collaboratively - shares information, fosters teamwork and contributes to positive work environment where people want to come to work.
- Display ethical character and competence - acts with integrity and intent, is accountable for own actions, behaves according to the PACT (People, Action, Continuous Learning, and Trust) values. Act as a good citizen of Winshuttle.
At Winshuttle, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. Winshuttle is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.