Social Media Marketing Manager
Reading / Paddington - flexible WFH
We are looking for a passionate specialist to join the Central Marketing Organisation (CMO) in the Social Media Marketing Manager role to work within the CCSM (Consumer Channel Sales and Marketing) department.
The Social Media Marketing Manager is a key component within our social media strategy and social command centre. This role will serve as the voice of our brands to our customers throughout our owned social channels, as well as off owned.
The Social Media Marketing Manager will focus on these core areas:
- Social Marketing Planning and Content
Social media strategy development and creation. Setting social media targets and benchmarks. Social media campaign creative planning and briefing to Social Media Agency. Review all social media assets before publication. Monitoring all strategy activity on assigned projects and communicating the status of each project to core stakeholders. Presenting content and social media strategy deliverables. Ad hoc development and execution of creative assets.
- Agency Management
Partnering day to day with the agency to ensure campaign and community engagement deliverables are met - including project management, status management and developing agency relationships. Writing and developing social media briefs for the agency. Setting expectations and clear requirements for the agency to meet and exceed. Ensuring the agency is meeting deadlines within budget.
Working with the social media agency to analyse performance, translate data into recommendations and insights to inform strategy, reporting on the effectiveness of campaigns back to the business stakeholders. Championing social media tools and internal platforms and ensuing adoption for higher productivity working. Leading the content strategy and approach.
What's included in the role
- Developing social media strategies and plans in response to campaign and event briefs
- Defining the role of social in campaigns, and establishing the social platform and channel mix
- Leading the social planning to extend the reach & impact beyond F2F including events
- Briefing in the social media agency to deliver against the social media strategies and plans
- Creating briefs with the assets available (local and global) and identifying gaps for new social content
- Briefing in social listening reports to mine insight and inform social media strategy
- Setting SMART social media objectives with goal setting and KPIs
- Owning the Social Media comms calendar for our audiences
- Approving social media content via Opal
- Ensuring the end-to-end customer journey is tracked for comprehensive reporting
- Attending key CCSM meetings, campaign status meetings and sharing back with the business on the social media plans and progress
- Participate in subsidiary storytelling/editorial governance meetings and take a lead on social comms calendar
- Provide ongoing competitive benchmarking, best practices, and innovation ideas to team.
Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- Customer - Obsessed with delivering a compelling customer experience through relevant and connected sales and marketing customer engagement. A strong knowledge and understanding of cloud solutions and how they solve customer requirements
- Communication comfortable and confident with communication at all levels.
- Stakeholder management - Ability to manage high intensity of stake holders, campaigns or activities at any given time and ensure team, as well as stakeholders, are taken along the journey
- Fresh Thinking - someone who is on the pulse of the latest trends and best practices
- Creative - able to ideate and produce micro content for social (photoshop skills desirable)
- Self-starter - proactive, fast learner, ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Digital Marketing - passion for digital marketing and the opportunities it can present for us, our partners and our customers
- Analytics - the desire to put insight at the heart of everything and educate the wider marketing community
- Agility - thrives in ambiguous and changing environments, even when some information is not readily available, or is shifting. Understanding the role of marketing across the customer buyer journey and the impact it should have at each stage
- Experience & Education: Social media strategic capability and 3+ years' experience. Thorough knowledge and understanding of social space across a variety of social media platforms (Facebook / Twitter / LinkedIn / YouTube / Pinterest). Background & experience in B2C / Consumer and/or Retail marketing. Experience with brand based marketing (ideally Brand Management or agency).
Preference will be given to candidates who:
- Currently publish a personal blog or other form of digital content on consistent basis
- Demonstrated connection with our primary audience (Consumer)
- Experience with relevant technology & reporting tools (e.g. Opal, Sprinklr, Web Trends)
If you feel you would be suitable, please send in your CV