|Recruiter:||Peak District National Park Authority|
|Listed on:||Yesterday, 4:41pm|
|Salary/Rate:||£27,041 - £32,910|
IT Officer (Support)
Bakewell, Derbyshire (with travel to other National Park offices as required)
The Peak District National Park Authority protects, enhances and shares the natural beauty, wildlife and cultural heritage of the Peak District. We also support the economic and social well-being of the communities in which we work.
As the UK's first National Park, the Peak District has a rich history and has been shaped by the interaction of people and nature over thousands of years. The Park is enjoyed by millions each year looking for adventure, knowledge and a fantastic day out.
We are now looking for an IT Officer to join our small IT Team in Bakewell on a full-time basis.
- Salary of £27,041 to £32,910 per annum
- Local government pension scheme
- Flexible working
- On-site parking
- Work from offices based in the heart of the National Park
- Benefit from stunning surroundings and views on a daily basis
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced IT support professional to join our team and have a direct impact on the delivery and provision of our IT services from day one.
What's more, we are based between Manchester, Sheffield and Derby, making this the ideal opportunity to break away from city life and commute to the country. We offer flexi-time around core hours and office cover and some home working may be possible.
As an IT Officer, you will be one of two team members responsible for supporting and providing ICT services to our staff and members across the Authority.
In this role, you will be responsible for the secure implementation, management, maintenance and support of our ICT infrastructure as well as networking and communications services and end-user equipment and business systems.
You will also provide end-user support, technical troubleshooting of ICT services and end-user equipment.
To join us as an IT Officer, you will need:
- Proven experience in a support role
- A methodical, analytical and conscientious approach, particularly regarding customer service
- Strong troubleshooting abilities across a range of hardware and software solutions
- A basic to intermediate understanding of networks including firewalls, hardware and cabling
- The ability to work independently when required, adapt and handle unexpected situations
- To strive for continuous improvement, both for the team and personally
- Good people and project delivery skills
The closing date for applications is Thursday 24th June 2021.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact David McMahon.
Other organisations may call this role IT Support Officer, IT Technical Support Officer, IT Technician, IT Support Technician, IT Support Engineer, or Desktop Support Technician.
The Peak District National Park Authority is an equal opportunities employer, values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you're seeking your next challenge as an IT Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Contact Name: Candidate Services
Job ID: 2942459