|Recruiter:||National Audit Office|
|Listed on:||Yesterday, 2:06pm|
|Salary/Rate:||£40,929 - £49,047|
Audit Technology Support Analyst
Type of contract: Full Time, permanent
Salary: is £40,929 - £49,047 per annum
nationals of Commonwealth countries who have the right to work in the UK
nationals from the EU, EEA or Switzerland with (or eligible for) status under the European Union Settlement Scheme (EUSS)
The National Audit Office (NAO) supports Parliament to hold the government to account for the way public services are delivered. Our primary role is to scrutinise public spending for Parliament. We do this by certifying over 350 government accounts and produce around 65 Value for Money (VFM) reports each year.
The NAO has invested in audit technology and automation to improve quality, efficient, add value and reduce costs. As more technologies come online, more Audit Technology Support is required by auditors and to meet our wider security and privacy obligations.
We require an experienced person to:
• Provide user support (to a community of around 700 users) for all audit system solutions including training, creating and updating guidance, dealing with support queries; including problem solving to resolve system issues and provide a high level of customer engagement.
• Support with day to day management of audit applications to ensure delivery of a high-quality service.
• System administration and maintenance of solutions; ensuring all audit applications are kept to date e.g. joiners, leavers, removal of out of date audits and data to comply with NAO policies.
• Support with data quality, cleansing, reporting and insights.
• Provide support with configuration of system developments and testing of changes, releases and upgrades.
• Support the Audit Technology Services Manager with continual improvements of all systems, processes and ad hoc projects.
About the National Audit Office
The National Audit Office (NAO) is the UK's main public sector audit body. Independent of government, we have responsibility for auditing the accounts of various public sector bodies, examining the propriety of government spending, assessing risks to financial control and accountability, and reviewing the economy, efficiency and effectiveness of programmes, projects and activities. We report directly to Parliament, through the Committee of Public Accounts of the House of Commons which uses our reports as the basis of its own investigations. We employ some 800 staff, most of whom are qualified accountants, trainees or technicians. They work in one of two main areas, financial audit or value for money (VFM) audit.
The NAO welcomes applications from everyone. We value diversity in all its forms and the difference it makes to our organisation. By removing barriers and creating an inclusive culture all our people have the opportunity to develop and maximise their full potential. As members of the Business Disability Forum and Two Ticks Disability Scheme we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.
The NAO supports flexible working and is happy to discuss this with you at application stage.
This Audit Technology Support Analyst role is a wide-ranging role, requiring the holder of the role to effectively provide support for a range of business-critical applications relied on by the financial audit service line. The holder of the role will support with:
System maintenance and configuration
• System administration; ensuring all applications are kept to date with joiners, leavers, removal of out of date audits, security restrictions etc;
• Configuration and supporting with testing of system changes/ updates to support operational changes and efficiencies;
• Supporting with testing of service packs and upgrades to audit software/tools, or changes to infrastructure that could impact the operation of audit software / tools;
• System monitoring and data cleansing.
• Liaise closely with suppliers for issues relating to audit software and tools to ensure speedy resolution;
• Service level compliance monitoring.
• Deal directly with end users on queries relating to the operation of all audit software;
• Support and develop training for new joiners and all users for significant changes in the audit software / tools;
• Monitor incidents and produce statistics and recommendations to improve services and customer satisfaction
• Support with communications to ensure the service line are kept up to date with software matters.
Proactive working with Stakeholders across the NAO
In relation to proactive working with the NAO's IT team we would expect the holder of this role to be responsible for:
• Support with monitoring the activities of NAO's Digital Services to ensure the services are being delivered as expected and to the quality expected;
• Keep up to date on business changes and upgrades to the NAO IT estate that Digital Services may be planning;
• Communicate with all levels of the NAO;
• Work closely with the Audit Technology Services Manager on the day to day management of applications, service improvements and the strategic roadmap.
• Enthusiasm and a commitment to providing excellent customer service
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Willingness to address poor performance to ensure that issues are addressed quickly
• Given the operational importance of the audit software/tool to the NAO's business activities, a track record working at pace to resolve issues and get things done
• Good problem solver / logical thinker able to work through problems to identify root causes
• Brings new innovative ideas for improving service offerings and support
• Intellectual curiosity, especially about technology and business process related matters
• Ability to work co-operatively and collaboratively as part of a team to deliver a team effort
• Drive and determination to overcome obstacles, resistance or challenges in order to achieve goals
• Commitment to personal development and keeping technical skills up to date
• Good communication skills and ability to flex these to address the various audiences from junior audit staff through to senior level client staff.
• Experience of providing user support. Experience of providing such a role in the context of a professional services business would be an advantage;
• Good understanding of the technical operations of an IT team and their operational impact on business applications;
• SQL skills (desirable) to enable information gathering and analysis
• Familiar with ITIL principles (Service Management)
• Given the NAO's strategic plan to move systems into the Cloud, experience gained in a Cloud environment would be valuable
• Problem solving and analytical skills
• Communication skills
• Excellent Customer service skills
Contact Name: National Audit Office
Job ID: 2942256