Are you an experienced Power Systems Engineer with a background in space/satellites, and looking for a new challenge?
Do you want to be part of a growing company we are making a significant impact on the environment?
As Senior Power Systems Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Managing and reviewing the development and design activities for power sub-systems on spacecraft:
- maintain sub-system requirements
- review sub-system architecture
- review trade-off analysis of hardware & software solutions
- support power budgets
- review FMECA inputs and FDIR processes
- manage and ensure compliance to the grounding scheme across the spacecraft
- understand and review the interaction between the different elements of the power subsystem: generation (solar panels), storage (battery) and distribution (PCDU)
- Coordinating with other teams at sub-system and at system level to define ConOps, ICDs, development and verification plans.
- Planning sub-systems and system level verification tests, including environmental testing.
To be considered for the role of Senior Power Systems Engineer, you will need to:
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent in electrical engineering or relevant engineering/science discipline.
- Have considerable commercial experience of designing and testing power subsystems for satellites.
- Have good understanding of solar panel specification, manufacturing process, handling and testing.
- Have experience sizing, procuring, testing and integrating satellite batteries and an awareness the storage & handling requirements for batteries.
- Have experience in constructing grounding philosophies and grounding diagrams for spacecraft architectures.
- Have experience of designing and testing EGSE for the purposes of powering the satellite during the AIT phase.
- Have good understanding of spacecraft mission lifecycle and milestones (e.g. MDR, PDR, CDR, etc).
Bluestream Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and an as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment.