Job Title: Warehouse Operative
Job type: Permanent, Full time - 40 hours per weeks
Wilcomatic is a long established business with operations in the UK & India. We work across numerous markets including; car wash, truck and bus wash, rail wash and heavy industrial washing of commercial and military vehicles.
We are currently looking for reliable Warehouse Operatives to ensure the ongoing activities of the Warehouse Stores. The successful candidate will ensure accurate and timely dispatch of parts and materials ordered by field staff.
- Dealing with any incoming calls or enquiries to the Stores either by phone / face to face / or email.
- Liaising with engineers and the Customer Service Department regarding task orders enquiries.
- Communicate effectively with all colleagues to ensure that work is being carried out efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Entering data onto Sage
- Making Stock adjustments and Purchase Order amendments
- Picking and packing of parts and dispatching to engineers / sites.
- Van stocks - process orders, monitor parts not in stock and take appropriate action.
- To provide cover as and when necessary, in respect of receiving all goods in and managing any rejection/return processes.
- Loading and unloading of machines/equipment with use of lifting equipment and a forklift.
- Allocation of new stock on shelves and on in house computer stock system and investigate blank / not used stock locations
- Assembling of installation kits for new machines.
- Completing stock counts of parts and goods as designated.
- Containers to be labelled as required and batch samples to be retained in accordance with operating procedures.
- Use a forklift/pump truck for transporting/lifting chemicals and other related products.
- Assist with building maintenance within capability as designated
- General housekeeping of Stores and associated areas.
- Must have previous experience of working in similar environment, picking and packing machine parts
- GCSE / NVQ Level 2 Maths & English
- Flexible working attitude and a willingness to learn and adapt to the needs of the company.
- Be able to communicate professionally with internal and external clients using both verbal and written skills.
- Physically able to use ladders, lift heavy goods, bend and stretch in order to pick parts and hand dexterity for picking and packing.
- Have no physical restrictions in working with vehicle wash chemicals (with the use of protective equipment).
- Able to work independently and under instruction as part of a team.
- Have an eye for detail and an efficient working manner.
- 22 days per annum plus public and bank holidays.
- Free on-site parking
- Health cash plan (company taxable benefit)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted shopping scheme
Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday between the hours of 8.00am to 5.00pm less 1 hour unpaid lunch
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Packer, Warehouse, Labourer, Delivery, Inventory Worker, Stores Assistant, Warehouse Assistant, Packing Executive, Packaging, Warehouse Technician will also be considered.