My Client a Leading energy Supplier based in Sunbury requires a Digital Agile Delivery Lead for a 6 Months initially contract @ £528 per day (inside ir35)
Clear and accurate description of the role i.e. business context, why the job exists, purpose of the role.
The Role Synopsis is a brief statement to determine:
- The job and its purpose - Why does the job exist?
- Desired strategic outcome of the position - What is the job intended to achieve?
- Where the job fits into the organisation's goals - What impact does the role have on the business?
- Exactly what the position is required for - How does it impact the business?
- Digital Science & Engineering (DS&E) focuses on frontier digital technologies that support the business strategies, with a bias towards novel technologies that have potential application across more than one business group and solving business problems that are beyond traditional IT solutions. DS&E leverages a vast ecosystem of external knowledge sources including start-ups, venture capital firms, research organisations, governments, and others. The primary measure of DS&E's performance is the business adoption of new digital technologies for operational and growth opportunities, so driving cost savings or generating future value.
- Delivery Orchestration Lead requires to have the skills, leadership and experience in programme/project management, and Agile delivery in areas of digital.
- This candidate will be piloting and/or scaling innovative digital technology across the company. They will take responsibility for the management and delivery of projects in varying size (from new cutting-edge technology proof-of-concepts to full scaled implementations) adhering to time, cost and quality goals. This candidate would need to be proficient in different delivery methodologies from waterfall to SCRUM and Kanban, and has the ability to determine best suited delivery method for different type of requirements.
- This candidate will engage with stakeholder groups (I&E, procurement, legal, P&C, business groups as needed) to ensure work packages are aligned to expected benefits. A primary responsibility will also include onboarding and managing appropriate vendors from the I&E ecosystem to deliver the technology and business outcomes expected.
Roles within Digital Customers & Markets and Digital Enterprise & Operations with accountability for:
- Conducting the core business analysis activities within a digital product landscape, and working closely with the Product Manager and Product Owner to deliver the change
- Skills to analyse business needs and value drivers and relate this to digital and technology delivery.
- Applying deep knowledge of specific business group/integrator/enabler domain(s)
- Analysis, design thinking and agile techniques to shape epics and user stories
- Understanding of digital trends, technical reference model and delivery methods
- Team: Lead and work across both internal and external teams to deliver proof-of-concepts or pilot projects (3 to 6 months), to full-scaled implementations within business areas in an Agile way. Coach the team in the use and application of agile practices.
- Relationships / Stakeholder Management: Identify, setup and execute the various initiative/project governance. Regular engagements with stakeholder groups (internal and external) to ensure timely resolution or escalations of risks/issues or to request the support required. Ability to influence and inspire change in positive and impactful way.
- Delivery Management: Lead the end-to-end delivery of initiatives/projects and perform the necessary due diligence to ensure compliance and risk assessment are performed involving digital security, legal and procurement teams as appropriate. Actively managing risks, issues, capturing lessons learned from the success/failure of the project and agreeing with stakeholder groups the next set of actions/steps. Maintain open communication between everyone involved and act as a single point of contact by developing, maintaining, and executing business engagement strategies and plan. Managing the finances for the initiatives/projects with planning and estimations, approval and tracking throughout the lifecycle. Monitor, improve on, and measure benefits against business case.
- Vendor Management: Coordinate and work across various vendors to deliver the best outcome for the initiative and for the company.
- Digital / Technology: Create awareness and understanding of the technology in the business groups and demonstrating the potential of the technology to create value for the business area. Defining and executing the change management required for the technology implementation. Implement continuous improvement cycle within the delivery and ensure best practices are shared across the team.
- Formal qualifications constituting university degrees, examination certificates that confirm a level of educational attainment or licenses.
- Membership of a technical or professional body that has confirmed an individual has reached a level of capability within a technical or professional field (usually but not necessarily obtained through examinations) or Formal certification that they can undertake specialist work or processes e.g. PMI.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, sciences, engineering, mathematics or related equivalent
- Agile and/or PMP certification with relevant experience working in both waterfall and agile projects/programme
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
Essential work, business, technical or operational experience which an applicant must possess, otherwise they will be unable to adequately perform the job. Consider what is truly essential as we do not want to screen out candidates who could do the job with non- traditional backgrounds. Therefore, the wording used should be specific and explicit. Information requirements can include:
- A definition of the knowledge, skills, abilities and attributes that the candidate needs to have and/or
- Competencies (action, behaviour or outcome that the candidate should be able to demonstrate)
- Has 10 years (or more) experience in relevant experience
- Has strong Agile delivery experience
Technical Competencies (Level 1 - Awareness to 5 - Expert)
- Agile Leadership and Governance - Level 3 Skillful
- Benefits Management - Level 3 Skillful
- Change implementation planning and management - Level 3 Skillful
- Financial management - Level 3 Skillful
- Organisational Capability Development - Level 3 Skillful
- Project Management - Level 3 Skillful
- Stakeholder Management - Level 3 Skillful
- Supplier Management - Level 2 Basic
- Product Management - Level 2 Basic
Business Competencies (Level 1 - Awareness to 5 - Expert)
- Business acumen - Level 3 Skillful
- Communication and influence - Level 4 Mastery
- Digital fluency - Level 3 Skillful
Desirable criteria are those that may enable the candidate to perform better & qualifications or require a shorter familiarisation period. During the selection process evidence should be sought to gain an understanding of the extent to which candidates who satisfied the minimum criteria demonstrate the desired criteria for the role. This evidence will then allow differentiation between the candidates and form the basis for selection.
- Experience in oil and gas / energy industry
- Aptitude to show fluidity, speed, initiative in unstructured context
- Demonstrate an unwavering demand for high impact on the organisation
- Ability to rapidly grasp new concepts, achieve a high-level familiarity with new technologies and sense their application; ability to think at the forefront of innovation
- Able to function in a dynamic environment and make informed decisions as required to keep project on target
- Capability to support multiple engagements at the same time
Contact Name: Eilidh Smith