|Listed on:||2nd June|
|Salary Notes:||Competitive + Benefits|
Job purpose and mission
This role contributes to Starbucks success by undertaking a number of activities to support the successful delivery of Products & Services in the EMEA region.
Working closely with the Technology Leadership, this role focuses on driving effective planning and governance, the advocacy of corporate policies and procedures and the provision of project support and guidance to the EMEA Product & Services Teams.
As Technology is a global shared service, the role requires the ability to forge strong working relationships with colleagues in the Global Technology PMO based in Seattle, from where many of the tools and processes originate, as well as 3rd party vendors and business partners such as Finance.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
1) Regional ownership of Technology Operating Plan including but not limited to, annual planning cycle, financial budget tracking and periodic reporting. This includes but is not limited to:
• Managing long and short-term planning processes, co-ordinating input and creating plans/output
• Working with all relevant teams to allocate funding to plans, managing all financial processes in close partnership with Finance
• Advocacy and enforcement of project cost management processes to help ensure IT Projects are delivered to budget
2) Regional ownership of the portfolio/project tracking which includes but is not limited to:
• Advocacy and enforcement of capacity management processes to ensure we have the right resources to delivery technology priorities
• Preparation and execution of management reporting to ensure senior management has appropriate and timely management information
3) Governance of the project lifecycle to help ensure repeatable and consistent delivery of technology projects. This in turn will allow projects to successfully meet the triple constraints matrix of time, cost and quality. Activities to include but no limited to:
• Advocacy and enforcement of the project lifecycle methodology, including business and vendor collaboration
• Advocacy and enforcement of standard project documentation
• Co-ordination of Technology Project Audits and Post Project Reviews
4) Oversight of core documentation quality, storage and governance including but not limited to:
• Advocacy and enforcement of key project documentation such as Project plans, communication, and stakeholder mapping
• Share best practice and ensure high standard and consistency of all technology outputs
• Creation of key communication pack such as reports, dashboards, and presentations
5) Working with colleagues in the Global PMO to identify and schedule training and communication relevant to the EMEA audience as it relates to tools, governance, and Technology Project Delivery.
• Acting as a key contact for global PMO, keeping up-to-date with US processes and be a resource for colleagues with less experience
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Starbucks is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce . All applicants and partners will be treated fairly, without regard to race, religion, sex, nationality, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity and expression.
Contact Name: Starbucks
Job ID: 2938738