Business Analyst Insurance (m/w/d)
Für meinen Kunden in München bin ich ab sofort auf der Suche nach einem Business Analyst Insurance (m/w/d)
Volume (fulltime 168 hours/month average)
? Part time
' Full time
(Senior) Business Analyst
Number of positions
Planned for 2021 and 2022
x Munich ? London
x New York
' onsite (if possible)
' German (not required, but helpful)
Munich Engine is a strategic initiative of Munich Re which operates in two locations, Munich and New York City. We operate as a technology startup, owned by Munich Re and part of Munich Re Specialty Insurance and our vision is to rethink underwriting and create the next generation digital underwriting technology. Our technology product is designed and built based on modern software engineering paradigms, has data enabled automation at its core and started to get deployed at scale. Our underwriting solution combines Munich Re's actuarial and modelling expertise with machine learning.
We are a highly collaborative team, so expect to work closely with actuarial, product management, data science, data engineer and software engineer colleagues to deliver a cohesive software product.
The Business Analyst role on the Munich Engine team will be primarily responsible for acting as a liaison between business stakeholders, product leadership and the technical team translating business requests/ user stories into functional requirements and technical specifications that aid design, development and testing of software and data storage. This position will require strong analytical capabilities and the intellectual curiosity needed to analyze business processes, system integrations and large datasets. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in the Property and Casualty Insurance domain or a closely related field in the Financial Services sector. This individual should have excellent communication skills and must feel comfortable talking to technical and business stakeholders alike.
· Translate user stories into functional requirements and system specifications, producing artifacts such as interface specifications, data mapping documents, flowcharts, data flow diagrams, detailed reporting requirements, etc. as needed
· Work with the technical team to clarify requirements and ensure that the team has everything they need to begin development work in the sprint
· Identify risks and dependencies in meeting delivery timelines and proactively communicate impediments and ensure timely resolution
· Assist the technical team to preparation of comprehensive test cases that ensure adequate test coverage on the user story acceptance criteria
· Assist the technical team in executing test cases as needed, ensuring that system design meets acceptance criteria
· Drive system integration testing with external technical stakeholders, manage bugs and ensure timely resolution
· Supports external stakeholders in the resolution of issues/ incidents
Required working experience
· At least 5 years of experience in a business analyst/ business system analyst role
· In-depth knowledge of Property & Casualty Insurance business domain or relevant work experience in a related Financial Services domain
· Knowledge of business analysis methods and experience in creating business analysis artefacts such as use cases, requirements documents, process flows, use cases, etc.
· Experience in requirements managements tools such as JIRA, HP ALM, Microsoft TFS, etc.
· Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle - experience in an Agile software development framework such as Scrum would be preferable
· Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively collaborate and convey information to stakeholders and software engineers and testers
· Working knowledge of new technology and business analysis standards & practices
· Knowledge and understanding of digital enablement via APIs would be preferable
· Having industry certification in the area of business analysis, for instance Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) , Agile Analysis Certification (AAC), etc. would be highly desirable
Required Skills and qualifications
Technical Must have
Personal Must have
Strong communication and documentation skills in English + see above/
- A high degree of commitment and the willingness and ability to master a broad spectrum of tasks
- Ability to communicate efficiently with engineers, actuaries and underwriters
- Embracing the mindset of an agile working environment
Current team size: ~20 People (Data Scientists, Actuaries, Software Engineers, Data Engineers + PM/PO)
Project language is English
Distributed Product Munich/New York
Wenn Sie sich von der Vakanz Business Analyst Insurance (m/w/d) angesprochen fühlen dann zögern Sie nicht: Senden Sie ihren per Mail an d.rychel[at]computerfutures.de Bitte geben Sie mit ihrer Bewerbung auch an: § Ihre Verfügbarkeit, § Ihre Erfahrungen mit oben genannten Anforderungen § Ihre Stundensatzvorstellung § Referenzen Beachten Sie zudem bitte, dass wir nur vollständige Bewerbungen berücksichtigen können.
Contact Name: Daniel Rychel
Job ID: 2937664