Technical Support Analyst / Service Desk Engineer with experience of SQL Server Management Studio / T-SQL and managing clients both in conjunction with normal investigations and in support of resolving incidents, is required for a leading technology company based in Birchwood, Warrington, North West England.
SALARY: Competitive (depending on experience) with a Rewarding Benefits Package (see below)
LOCATION: Birchwood, Warrington, North West England
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
IS THIS YOU?
- Are you keen to work for a forward-thinking technology company who powers the worlds subscription entertainment systems with tier 1 clients?
- Do you perform well when given high degrees of autonomy?
- Do you have experience of SQL Server Management Studio / T-SQL and managing clients both in conjunction with normal investigations and in support of resolving incidents?
If you can answer ‘YES' to these questions, then we want to hear from you!
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Technical Support Analyst / Service Desk Engineer with experience of SQL Server Management Studio / T-SQL and managing clients both in conjunction with normal investigations and in support of resolving incidents.
As the Technical Support Analyst / Service Desk Engineer you will join the head office to provide high quality, in-depth technical analysis and supporting information to internal and external stakeholders in the shortest possible time frame, as well as contributing to best-in-class Incident Management Resolution.
Working as the Technical Support Analyst / Service Desk Engineer you will provide support to first line analysts to obtain more in-depth information in relation to service requests from clients / partners.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Technical Support Analyst / Service Desk Engineer will include:
- Provide quality technical information on all client / partner related service requests which are escalated to 3rd line, allowing developers to investigate quickly with an accurate view of the scope and effect of the issue
- Assistance in the creation and management of stored SQL tools for the use by first line analysts
- Act as a process owner for system monitors and ensure integration with the wider suite of monitors deployed in eSuite
- Provide technical expertise when gathering information from clients as to the nature of any data fixes as well as carrying these out with a robust audit trail and in line with company Change Control policy
- Extract data in support of client / partner queries, to provide an understanding of the background for a given presentation
- Provide specific data extracts as requested by clients, partners and internal requests
- Support internal business stakeholders on technical client support activities, including and not limited to on-site client facing meetings and supporting colleagues during off-site meetings
- Collaborate effectively with business functions across the company in pursuit of high quality and prompt client / partner support
- Support the Out of Hours rota for clients
- Provide pro-active assessment of existing system functions and working processes to identify areas of improvement as part of Continual Service Improvement
- Provide support to first line analysts through creation of and support with stored Presto SQL queries in AWS Athena, for use in initial triage of service requests
- The ability to understand and write complex T-SQL queries
- Use of T-SQL and SQL Server Management Studio
- The ability to work well under pressure and continuously prioritise the key critical tasks impacting clients / partners
- Familiarity with Presto-SQL for use in AWS Athena systems would be an advantage
- Familiarity with Linux would be an advantage
- Familiarity with SQL analysis, debugging and trouble shooting
- Demonstrable familiarity with managing clients both in conjunction with normal investigations and in support of resolving incidents
- Experience with regular service review meetings and discussing active tickets in support of triage
- Familiarity with REST API calls as part of investigations would be advantageous
The company work well together as a talented and dedicated team. They are characterised by pace, progress and change, ad believe in unlocking everyone's potential. Above all, they value every contribution their people make towards their clients and reward it.
- Learning & Development - they encourage constant learning so you can stay sharp on the variety of ever-changing technology
- Continuous Performance Managing - Regular pay reviews throughout the year, mirroring a transparent and clear career structure
- Rapid growth resulting in quick and structured career progression and backfilling
- Health & Wellness - Individual health-care cash plan including dental, optical and more
- Business Park benefits including onsite gym offering classes and free personal training, laundry services, movie nights, onsite discounted childcare, Starbucks, multiple café's and breakout areas, wellbeing weeks, running / walking clubs, free to use allotments and much more!
- Remote Working and Flexible Working Hours to ensure that work / life balance
- Free On-site parking & free access to local public transport
- Friendly ‘People First' culture with a People team in place solely dedicated to staff, their individual needs and well-being. They roll out Employee Action Group workshops and regular surveys for all staff to voice where improvements can be made, resulting in quarterly focuses
- Holiday roll over
- Monthly / Quarterly / Annual social events including free hot or cold breakfasts for monthly Employee of the Month announcements
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV's of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6475
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Birchwood, Warrington, North West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk