We're on a journey to build the bank of the future, and we need your help. We're continuing our extensive transformation Programme, with an investment of £3bn, redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Become part of our diverse team, and you'll experience a rare opportunity to impact the lives of more than 26 million customers through brands including Lloyds Bank, Halifax, Bank of Scotland and Scottish Widows. We need people who can make this transformation a reality!
Want to know more?
This is an outstanding opportunity for a passionate, pro-active individual to join the Risk VS - Capital & Controls Lab as a Software Engineering Lead (Chapter Lead).
You'll work alongside another Chapter Lead providing technical support to Engineers within the lab and critically ensuring the products we deliver meet the standards that our customers expect. You'll will support with planning, leading and coordinating the technical delivery, governance controls, planning of activities, communication and engagement across the business teams and lab.
This is a leadership level role and will blend both domain and technical expertise with an extraordinary passion for mentoring and developing people in a "player-coach" model.
You'll understand and direct how components and services are developed, tested and progressed within the Engineering. You'll be very comfortable guiding others about engineering standard methodology and being seen as a role model. You'll also join and attend Communities of Practice, Engineering Guilds and Working Groups to deliver peer-to-peer mentoring.
The practical things we need you to do:
- Meet customer needs related to simple products and services while following standardised protocols and/or provides back-office support to a customer advisor team.
- Develop personal capabilities using existing formal and informal training opportunities, while also mentoring others as the need arises.
- Identifies shortcomings in existing processes, systems and procedures, then change them accordingly.
- Provide leadership to a team performing transactional work or look after a small group performing more junior tasks.
- Respond to individual and team objectives and invests in improving personal performance by growing own skills and capabilities, mentoring others when required.
- Analyse customer needs and defines and delivers prescribed products by performing designated development/engineering activities using established systems.
- Look after supplier management activities to deliver own prescribed outcomes and/or provide support to others by using existing systems and protocols.
- Navigates a wide variety of existing processes, procedures and precedents to interpret data and identify possible answers.
- Uses product specifications to craft test procedures and standards.
- Ability to understand sophisticated business requirements and build business ready and compliant solutions.
- Ability to review processes and documentation & find opportunities to improve solutions.
- Data Engineering background with knowledge of both waterfall and agile development practices.
- Ability to clearly articulate the data architecture processes and provide workable solutions in an easy to understand format to end users.
- Strong problem solving skills using a combination of technical knowledge, experience and judgement to identify available options and clearly set out the way forward.
- Show well-developed interpersonal, communication and influencing skills, particularly the ability to convey key business information arising from sophisticated issues to non-technical people.
- Knowledge of DevOps processes and tools such as Nexus, GitHub, Jenkins, SonarQube and UrbanCode.
- Experience of Micro Service Architecture and Cloud
So what can we offer you in return?
We'll provide you with a diverse, energising and lively environment that focuses on equal opportunity and real career progression. We'll take your personal and professional development very seriously and enable you to make a genuine difference to millions throughout your career with us!
You'll also receive a package that includes
- Eligible for performance bonus of 0-30% salary
- A generous pension contribution
- 30 days leave plus bank holidays
- A 4% flex cash pot to spend on benefits (or take as cash)
- Private health cover
- Share schemes including free shares
Contact Name: Lloyds Banking Group