|Recruiter:||LA International Computer Consultants Ltd|
|Listed on:||21st May|
|Location:||North West England|
|Salary/Rate:||£400 - £420|
SC Technical Project Manager - VMWare
A Technical Project Manager with strong knowledge of VMWare is required to work in contract on high profile VMWare migration project with a major, international client.
Location: Remote plus travel to Northern England
* Create and implement project definitions, schedules, budgets, and objectives for one or more medium sized projects of low to moderate complexity. Prepare detailed statements of work and gain concurrence and approval from stakeholders regarding various project aspects and adjust accordingly. Participate in delivery assurance reviews to ensure adherence to project management policies and procedures.
* Assist in the staffing of projects. Organise project team members to ensure communication and understanding of deadlines, assignments and objectives. Participate in work as applicable.
* Manage costs, schedules and quality by overseeing project deliverables. Ensure schedule and budget are met. May revise as appropriate.
* Perform ongoing review of project status; identifies possible project risks. Recommend and implement risk mitigation solutions as approved and as appropriate.
* Work in conjunction with team members and stakeholders to manage changes to technical requirements, business requirements and schedule of the project. Provide input on possible changes needed based on current project status.
* Manage client, company and project team expectations for agreed upon project performance by obtaining and providing project metrics. Recommend changes or alternate paths based upon performance and metrics.
* Oversee assigned personnel for projects. Assign work and provides direction with regard to timeliness and completion of project objectives. Address performance issues within prescribed guidelines. Provide performance input upon completion of project.
* Managing medium to large scale projects end to end - at least 3 years preferred
* Working with project management methodology such as Catalyst including budget development, project planning, control and assurance methodologies, project management software and finance and accounting concepts and practices
* Working with client vision, business objectives, and critical success factors
* Working with delivery assurance principles and appropriate procedures relevant to area
* Working with techniques and approaches related to the architecture, development, integration, and deployment of project phases
* Formal certification in recognised Project Management qualification such as PRINCE 2 Practitioner, Managing Successful Programmes or PMP
* Bachelor's degree in business administration, information technology, engineering or related field
* Skilled in estimating and common project management desktop tools
* Good communication skills
* Good leadership skills to train, guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
* Creative thinking and problem solving skills
* Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and switch between tasks quickly
* Able to work in a team environment
* Able to create and maintain formal and informal networks
* Willing to travel
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.
Contact Name: Melanie Clarke
Job ID: 2935129