Role: Senior DevOps Engineer
Salary: £30,000 - £50,000 DOE
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior DevOps Engineer to join a leading orgasnisation in Welshpool.
My client is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer with a demonstrated history of working in information technology heading into the DevOps arena. Writing automated toolsets for the software deliver lifecycle and infrastructure provisioning to empower all DevOps stakeholders. Strong information technology professional background with significant software development experience such that they can also contribute effectively as a member of the software engineering team.
Responsibilities: Senior DevOps Engineer
- Solve development, operations, and security challenges in test system infrastructure used for research and private venture so that software engineers can focus on core software developments.
- System Interoperability, Single Information Environment (SIE) and Cross Domain Security projects for Defence, Government, and Industrial sectors.
- Secure document and email management systems using advanced cryptography and tightly controlled user access to implement multi-level document protection and redaction for the Defence and Commercial sectors.
- Development of support software for the next generation of hardware products for Cross Domain Security, Information Security, etc.
- Continually undertake new projects and develop new products. This often involves the leveraging of new technologies as such the candidate must be able to identify the most applicable technology for a particular solution then apply their core engineering and DevOps skills to the understanding of the technology such that they can implement an infrastructure such that software engineers can develop and test a solution.
Skills and experience: Senior DevOps Engineer
- Knowledge of virtualization for example VMware, VNC, Hyper V
- Knowledge of Automation e.g., PowerShell, Ansible
- IT Infrastructure Management
- Linux and Windows 10
- Linux Server and Windows Server
- Software Development at last 5 years’ experience with at least 1 of C#, Java, C++
- Good Configuration Management and Issue Management experience
- Networking & Network Administration
- Active Directory
- IT Operations
- Agile Methodologies
- System Modelling, ideally SysML with Enterprise Architect
- Software Development experience with multiple languages C#, Java, C++, Python, C etc….
- SQL Databases e.g., Microsoft SQL Server
- Docker Products
- HashiCorp Vault
- Microsoft Azure & Azure DevOps Services
If you are an experienced Senior DevOps Engineer
looking to secure a new and challenging role then please get in touch with Jenny Colin
at Premier Group Recruitment (Birmingham office)