2nd Line Engineer - Service Desk, NOC & Projects
£25,000 - £35,000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
This employer is a young, innovative and fast-growing MSP that delivers top-tier IT infrastructure and support to a demanding SME client base. They specialise in running IT systems where security, reliability and performance are of utmost importance.
Clients in industries ranging from financial, healthcare, legal, consulting & co-working rely on our services and support to run their critical business infrastructure and provide them with fully managed IT services.
If you want to continue to build on your breadth of experience dealing with all aspects of an IT organisation and get in at the ground floor of their growth phase you're in the right place.
- You will work on their service desk for BAU operations (service desk and NOC) and assisting with projects
- You will split your time between working from home, client sites and the office. They are predominantly working from home during the pandemic
- You have strong 2nd line skills, with the ambition to progress to 3rd line
- This is a small team so there is no such thing as 'not my job' here - 1st, 2nd, 3rd line and projects / infrastructure work is all part of the job
- Constantly contribute to the improvement of technical and operational documentation, policies and procedures.
- Promote learning, development and sharing of knowledge within and outside of the team
- Ensure that the quality of work is nothing short of first class - every ticket, task & project
- They constantly evaluate new tech, new services and better ways of doing what they do. You will always be learning and exploring new and better ways of doing everything that they do.
Summary Tech Stack
- Microsoft 365, Windows 10, VoIP, Autotask PSA, Datto RMM, IT Glue
Key Skills & Experience
- Several years of IT Service Desk / NOC / Project experience, ideally in an MSP environment.
- Fluent English speaker, with an attention to detail and accuracy in both written and spoken English
- Organised, logical and methodical, flexible person with a deadline driven working manner
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously and within a team
- Great people skills
- Excellent analytical thinker and problem solver
- Ability to multitask and prioritise tasks accordingly
- Must be able to meet deadlines and perform under pressure
- Calm, polite and professional behaviour, reliable and self-motivated.
They believe that an excellent work-life balance is an essential part of being a happy, productive individual. They welcome a varied range of interests outside of work, which they believe contribute directly to the richness of the team.
They strive for a strong culture which is geared around diverse pursuits, adventure, health & happiness - something more than just hitting the pub at 5 - not that they have anything against beer - quite the opposite!
- Annual bonus of up to 10% of salary
- Other benefits: private healthcare and flexible working available
- Continual training and development