Safety Engineer - SC CLEARED
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Reporting to the System Safety Manager, and the Safety Lead, the successful candidate will be responsible for the contributing to the Safety Management activities of the Programme and undertaking system safety analysis and in-service System Safety activities for the E7 programme to support the UK Ministry of Defence (MoD) customer.
The role has the following key responsibilities:
* Assisting with programme planning and support for the following safety activities:
o Safety Programme scoping and planning
o Resource Workload Planning, Support to Bids and Proposals
o Identifying, monitoring and executing risks, issues and opportunities and supporting the
development of mitigation plans
* Undertaking the development of Programme System Safety artefacts and associated documentation in accordance with MoD Safety Policy, Defence Standard 00-056 and associated international standards including the development, maintenance and update of:
o Safety Management Plans
o Safety Assessments for Safety related software subsystems
o Hazard Identification and Analysis techniques including but not limited to: Functional Failure Analysis, Structured What If Technique (SWIFT)
o Hazard Logs using the CASSANDRA or other Hazard Log tools
o Safety Cases, Safety Case Reports for Products and Services
o Safety Arguments using Claims, Argument Evidence and Goal Structuring Notation using the Adelard Assurance and Safety Case Environment (ASCE) software
* Ensuring close liaison, through proactive collaborative behavior, with other colleagues, Customer and Supplier technical disciplines to ensure appropriate evidence is available to support the Safety Cases
* Proactively supporting Customer and Supplier Safety Meetings and chair internal and customer-facing System Safety Working Groups
* Please note that some UK travel might be expected
* Experience developing Safety Cases for complex systems and aircraft Services
* Understand and have experience of applying Safety Techniques on complex aircraft systems
Preferred Qualifications (Experience/Education/Skills):
* Formal System Safety training would be highly desirable
* Degree in Engineering or equivalent
* Demonstrable experience leading and developing Safety Assessments for MoD aircraft and/or ground based systems
* Previous industry Safety Engineering experience in the application of MoD Safety Policy and Def Stan 00-056
* Understanding and experience of applying Safety Techniques to Safety Related Data and Information Systems
* Experience with the use of common safety tools, specifically CASSANDRA, Adelard Assurance and Safety Case Environment
* Demonstrating the ability to plan of work, and develop/use meaningful metrics to evaluate safety status and provide performance visibility
* Ability to effectively identify and execute opportunities to improve strategies, processes and project plans
* Experience of developing resource workload plans and schedules
* Experience of providing safety support into bids and proposals
* Excellent communication skills, technical competencies, and skills with project management concepts/tools
* Completed or working towards a post graduate qualification in System Safety Engineering is highly desirable
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.