The role holder will work across all areas of the business to facilitate and introduce high quality technological solutions to issues which cause barriers for end users leading to operational ineffectiveness.
You will work collaboratively with users to tease out operational Tech issues which prevent colleagues doing their jobs to the best of their abilities. Using excellent interpersonal skills, you will have good conversations and undertake systematic analysis to precisely identify and interpret Tech barriers. You will then develop proposals to remove obstacles. This will include identifying and implementing required process changes, system applications amendments and developments, training, business information etc. You will also be required to assess the scale, cost and complexity of the solution to create project outlines and set up timescales for delivery, once project implementation has been agreed.
The role holder will need to be able to blend a number of project methodologies including Lean Systems Thinking and Prince 2 to provide bespoke plans and systems appropriate to customer need. This will include the identification of single loop changes, double loop changes and measures for these projects to ensure their successful conclusion. You will also be required to assess the priority of a number of projects and provide input into overall program management strategies.
As a valued member of the Business Systems Team, you will take the lead on assigned projects of all sizes, complexity and duration, potentially running simultaneous projects. You will therefore need to organise competing priorities and be required to resolve conflicting commitments through highly developed interpersonal skills. You will work closely with Tech Service Desk and Network colleagues to ensure the seamless transition of projects from implementation to mainstream support. You will then be required to assess and report on the impact of any introduced changes.
You will also liaise with and develop relationships with existing suppliers and consultants, applying sensible vendor management arrangements to ensure value for money. You will take a keen interest in researching and learning developing technologies from leading edge suppliers which move the technological blueprint forward.
The role will be customer centric, requiring good influencing skills with a solid base of technical knowledge and capability. The role holder will be instrumental in providing new customer based solutions and will work to uphold the high reputation and standards of the Tech Team with customers at all times.
Purpose of the role:
Business Change Activities
- Using recognised project management techniques such as Lean System Thinking and PRINCE 2, carry out interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits and define and record business change requirements, business process descriptions, workflow analysis, and scenarios to inform business application improvement
- Proactively engage with business and Tech colleagues to maintain a portfolio of Tech application services which support their business purpose and develop solutions to address any shortfalls as required.
- Establish and lead business information and management information initiatives, for example Qlikview and work diligently to generate "buy in" to projects from stakeholder groups and information "champions".
- Undertake assessments of application hierarchies such as software as a service and work with the Infrastructure Network team to understand how chosen applications will work to deliver requirements within an overall network
- Undertake application investigation activities including; the interpretation of application code tables and queries, and how these interrelate to each other using SQL management studio Also; running SQL queries to meet customer management and business information requirements.
- Undertake the reading of stored procedures and server logs utlising xml and html code and scrutinise code prepared as a result of specified development
- Monitor the performance of line-of-business applications, providing recommendations for improvements to Business Systems Manager and Heads of relevant internal customer
- Provide additional support for line-of-business applications (housing, customer management, mobile applications, and business information); where resolution cannot be achieved by Tech Service Desk analysts at the initial point of
- Keep up to date with legislative changes as required and proactively assess the impact costs and timescales to changes required for line of business.
- Have a broad understanding of how applications perform within the broader network infrastructure, for example how Virtual Machines work and how applications compatibility and configuration adjustments can be
- Provide input and insight to data architecture activities designed to improve the quality and accuracy of data and have a good understanding of the compliance activities required to meet statutory requirements imposed by DPA an
- Act as the liaison point between business departments, suppliers, Infrastructure and support teams to provide end to end technological solutions appropriate to user need and issues.
- Undertake business presentations to wide ranging audiences as appropriate to gather or disseminate business change information as required.
- Organise, prepare and lead supporting training events with internal customer groups as required to support business change initatives.
- Encourage creative thinking and provide innovation to initiatives and concepts to improve current and future service delivery
- Assess feasibility and relevance of business change factors which have a direct bearing on Business Case outcomes, assessing the relevance of proposals using a wide range of information techniques and develop options which support or otherwise the case for new investment
- Have an understanding of integration strategies between applications and some knowledge of application programming interfaces sufficient to develop specifications for
- Undertake developments in accordance with GDPR, Cyber Security, Data Protection and complete Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA) for appropriate software
- Contribute to the successful administration of the Coastal HA Project Management framework and play an active part in developing improvement initiatives and
- Assist in identifying areas that require ‘Lean Systems Thinking' representing the Tech
- Coordinate and design user acceptance testing (UAT) processes for specific applications implementations, and work with stakeholders and project managers to ensure new systems and services meet requirements defined in business requirements specifications (BRS).
- Support business requirements through engagement with suppliers and apply sensible negotiation skills to influence and shape successful vendor management
- Ensure commitment and application to continuing professional development and actively and constructively contribute to appraisals and one to
- Keep up to date with emerging technologies, particularly within the sector, for example Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Dynamics and work with appropriate vendors to understand and influence their development roadmaps, where appropriate.
Business Analyst Person Specification
- Experience in supporting Microsoft desktop technologies, including Word, Excel PowerPoint
- Experience in vendor management
- Experience in creating buisness requirement specifications
- Experience of collaborating with system and process users (individuals and groups) including the lead of workshops
- Experience in defining and coordinating user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Experience of leading Tech development projects
- Experience in collaborating with customers to create credible business cases
- Experience in documenting business processes
- Experience in developing business information reporting software, ideally Qlikview
- Experience of working with tenant facing housing management systems
- Experience of developments against the context of GDPR and Data Protection legislation
- Experience in working in an ITIL-based service support operation
- Experience of the Vanguard method of Lean reviews
- Experience of developing performance metrics and measures
Skills and knowledge
- Keen attention to accuracy and detail
- Extremely competent in the support of customer-facing information Technology
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office 2007, 2010, 2013
- Knowledge of Data Protection legislation ideally Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR
- Project Management Experience, ideally Prince 2 or Agile
- Knowledge of Application Programming Interface technologies
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics
- Knowledge of SQL and XML coding
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 2016 and or Office 365
- Knowledge of ITIL Frameworks
- Knowledge of Windows10 Operating system
- Professional attitude to work and manner
- Keen attention to accuracy and detail
- A positive outlook and enjoy helping others
- Ability to remain calm under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to correctly and accurately finish assigned tasks
- Able to sustain good working relationships
- A receptive and responsive approach to change and open to new ways of doing things
- Willing to seek ways to improve the way work is done
- A desire to constantly learn and update knowledge
- Good influencing and persuasion skills
- An ability to quickly and effectively get to the root of a problem and offer solutions
Education and Qualifications
- Microsoft MSCE
- ITIL Foundation
- Full and valid driving licence