Senior Service Designer - Product Owner
Location - London / Remote working
Rate - £600 PAYE or £770 Umbrella
Start date - ASAP
Contract - 6 Months +
Our financial services client is currently seeking an experienced Senior Service Designer to join their forward-thinking, creative, dynamic team to help them deliver an exceptional Customer Experience for their Corporate customers globally.
Our client's mission in is to embed Design Thinking into the company's DNA. They are continuing to build a team with people that are motivated by the challenge to improve the way they problem-solve and make an impact for their customers and colleagues.
The role of Senior Service Designer - Product Owner is a key position responsible for helping to lead and drive the implementation of the Customer Experience vision across CMB, whilst also growing their people and ways of working. This role provides an opportunity to work across cross-functional teams globally and to influence the direction of the business and senior leaders. In short, you can have a direct impact on shaping and delivering key experiences for millions of customers and thousands of colleagues around the world.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
- Shaping and conducting research synthesis across multiple insight sources to structure hypotheses for key design questions;
- Crafting end-to-end solutions with global, cross-functional teams to deliver an iconic banking ecosystem;
- Creating and embedding customer (and business!) empathy and insights into the teams;
- Strengthening the way teams define problems and hypotheses;
- Leading cross-functional teams in researching, generating and testing ideas, and incorporating customer feedback into solutions;
- Building capabilities and knowledge within our Customer Experience team on the latest tools and techniques, customer needs, behaviour and perceptions, and the business and industry drivers;
- Inspiring and mentoring the wider CMB team to build and evolve our Design Thinking mindset, tools and techniques, including facilitating and leading interactive Design Thinking sessions as a delivery lead or co-facilitator;
- Helping to shape seamless processes that embed Design Thinking into the way our business creates solutions - consistently and at scale - alongside the Head of Customer Experience;
- Further generating awareness, interest and support for Service Design and Design Thinking across the business.
You will have responsibility to create enhanced experiences, with the focus on enabling their colleagues to have the mindset, framework and tools to continuously create proven solutions for the customers and business. As a Senior Service Designer, you'll also have the opportunity to really bring Design Thinking into the core of the business and act as a Design Thinking coach for teams across the Corporate bank.
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Proven experience within Service Design, particularly leading strategic design projects in a large organisation;
- Experience as a manager/ leader is preferred;
- Strong experience understanding and changing customer behaviour;
- Outstanding ability to implement and improve customer experience capabilities by scaling design frameworks and tools to upskill teams, and create a common design vision and principles;
- Exceptional relationship management and influencing skills, outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels;
- A good knowledge of the financial sector is essential; previous experience of Service Design in the final sector is preferred;
- Proven ability to lead teams in applying the Design Thinking methodology to develop experiences in creative ways;
- Proven success in influencing senior leaders to change ways of working and adopt more customer centric decision making, creating awareness and advocacy for the customer and work you do;
- Experience delivering multi-channel designs or solutions across large-scale programs and businesses;
- Ability to lead on the design and implementation of experiences across human and digital channels;
- Experienced in facilitating end-to-end collaborative design sessions, including with large and/or senior audiences;
- A genuine and relentless passion for creating customer-centric solutions that are also commercially viable and differentiating;
- A natural ability to quickly digest and understand complex information to help teams solve problems and translate into experience designs;
- Ability to translate requests into briefs (problems and hypotheses to solve) that are both clear and motivating for the team and stakeholders;
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders to influence and agree strategic direction and ensure support in executing;
- Ability to coach, guide and mentor junior members of the team and others new to Service Design in order to continue to build a world-class team;
- A degree or equivalent in human-centred design, psychology, research, engineering or a similar background.