SC Cleared Service Owner
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Duration: 4 month contract
* You'll be accountable for the quality of this service, the technology strategy and delivery of the product development road map. In this role, you will be expected to adopt a portfolio view, managing end-to-end services that include multiple products and channels. You will be expected to operate at scale and provide the connection between multidisciplinary business areas and stakeholders.
* This is a senior leadership role that works closely with the Content and Publishing Lead (including social media), Data Lead, Data Visualisation Lead so that content and data can be effectively surfaced online and externally while ensuring internal user needs are met.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
* Sets, monitors and is accountable for the service KPIs
* Works with the Product Lead to set the service and product vision and road map
* Works with Senior Programme delivery manager(s) to set the high-level delivery plan
* Engage with technical and operational staff, together with suppliers, to define the best system and platform configurations to meet business/user needs and objectives
* Works with Service Designers to ensure a coherent end-to-end service
* Accountable for the delivery of services that meet the Government Digital Services (GDS) Digital GOV.UK Default Service Standard and are best in class for government, maximising the level of digital experience users expect
* Working across the wider business, to clarify and articulate the diverse requirements of users and delivery partners to support effective delivery of a service, which is reusable across the wider business
* Line management of the programme delivery managers and product leads and dotted line responsibility for the delivery teams, acting as a point of escalation, ensuring the necessary business processes are followed
* Owning the overall budget and allocating funding to areas of the service based on your choices and decisions about priorities
* Communicating the benefits and performance of your service
* Ultimately being responsible for the successful operation and continuous improvement of the service
* Ensuring divisional targets are met and that effective progress and performance measures and
processes are in place
* Building and managing strong relationships with teams across the organisation
* As part of the Digital Publishing leadership team, working with delivery management and digital
content to ensure strands of work in the division are aligned and prioritised effectively
* Playing a role in building relationships with key stakeholders
Works closely with:
* the Senior Delivery Manager, who will ensure plans are realistic, resources are in place and blockers are removed;
* the Content and Publishing Lead (including social media), Data Lead, Data Visualisation Lead so that content and data can be effectively surfaced online and externally while ensuring internal user needs are met.
* Heading up and developing high-performing teams and promoting and embedding agile working
* Delivering services that meet and maintain the digital by default culture
* Financial reporting for a service and the promoting a culture of value for money when delivering services
* Developing a long-term vision
* Working effectively with teams and stakeholders to make strategic choices and prioritise spending
* Managing team dynamics effectively when working across organisational and other boundaries in a fast-paced environment
* Knowledge of the 'digital landscape', including how our digital agenda fits within the broader context of e-government
* Building trusting and collaborative relationships on sensitive issues. You will be comfortable
influencing and engaging colleagues and gaining commitment to delivering your vision, including
through coaching and mentoring
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.