|Recruiter:||Coventry Building Society|
|Listed on:||10th May|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
About The Role
Reporting to the CIO, the role of the Head of IT Service Management is to deliver shared and common IT Management Services for use across the organisation and ensure the smooth operating of the production IT environment being delivered through our product & capability teams. This role will have accountability for the development and implementation of our Service strategy to ensure consistently excellent engagement and service provision as assessed by our internal and external customers.
You'll demonstrate an in-depth understanding of IT Service Management principles and practices, particularly delivered in an agile context, and is seen as both a compelling leader and a subject matter expert on IT services.
Within the context of this senior role you'll be able to demonstrate the ability to influence, manage and operate at Executive and Enterprise leader levels.
You'll keep close to market changes in both demands and best practices in service and incident management that may affect the Society including developments in legislation, automation, industry practice, and technology and competitor propositions. Whilst ensuring the future IT service needs are understood and aligned into IT policies and procedures. You'll define and implement good practice tools, techniques, policies and procedures ensuring a consistent Service Delivery & Management approach across teams.
Whilst leading the continuous Service Management improvements agenda to constantly increase the maturity of the function and ensure it is aligned to the defined IT strategy and direction, plus introduce best practices in line with agile ITIL and other recognised frameworks, delivered through communication, negotiation and influence across the society.
• Demonstrable strategic management and leadership skills.
• Excellent customer centric focus and a passion to drive improvement to people's experience of IT, agile and collaborative working.
• Excellent communicator and relationship builder, able to inspire trust in stakeholders and steer direction.
• A strong delivery orientation, able to drive day to day operational performance and make significant change improvement.
• A "level headed" and calm approach to managing high criticality activities often in high pressure situations
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills: ability to explain and present complex at all levels in a persuasive and convincing manner.
• Ability to motivate in a team orientated collaborative environment.
• Ability to present ideas in business friendly and user friendly language.
• Possess a thorough understanding of business and commercial context.
• ITIL Advanced qualification and extensive relevant experience of working in an ITIL managed environment, particularly in an Agile product-based context.
• Extensive experience in Service Management at a senior level.
• Experience of delivering high quality Executive and Board level reporting.
About The Company
Coventry Building Society has grown into the second largest building society in the UK. We're a national society, with local values and loyalty, and a caring family ethos.
The best way to judge a company is based on what the people who work there say. Our recent employee survey rated us Number 2 in the Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For list. We offer not only fulfilling jobs and exciting career opportunities but a place where everyone can be long and feel proud to work. What makes us such a rich and progressive place to work is the huge variety of people that make up our workforce.
And of course, we don't pretend that what you do for us is all you're about. We want you to bring your whole self to work - parent, carer, artist, triathlete, introvert... whatever it is that makes you YOU. We offer the balance to make sure you have plenty of time to do the things you need or want to do alongside work, because we know that's how you are able to be your best.
As an employee, we encourage you to take control of your career. We invest in our people, with regular opportunities for training and development. And later, if you're looking for a new challenge, we actively champion internal progression.
We've got a whole range of different ways to support you, both in your role and wider wellbeing. Our flexible working arrangements and family-friendly policies also help to make sure you're happy and in control of your work-life balance.
And we're committed to being by your side for as long as you want to be part of our story.