The Marketing and Communications Manager will be responsible for driving the marketing effort to support targeted engagement with both new and existing customers across global Fibre Optics and Optical Sensing sectors.
Reporting to the Sales and Marketing Director the manager will work closely with the wider team and external business stakeholders to proactively drive plans, activities, and engagement in support of the company growth strategy.
- Planning and delivery on all marketing campaigns, that result in a steady stream of new customer opportunities and overall business growth.
- Increase awareness of company with target customer groups through a mix of PR, events, digital, advertising, videos, case studies, and other appropriate channels.
- Research, plan and organise company participation in key global events and exhibitions, creating a calendar of activities for the sales and technical teams.
- Design and execute digital marketing and social media campaigns, owning the company website including the creation of engaging new content.
- Create all documents, presentations, and partner information literature both for print and digital use, including high impact press releases for investor information.
- Understand and interpret highly technical content to distil the key messages to different audience types in a simple but effective way. Report on key metrics that give insight to the management team of marketing effectiveness.
Skills and Experience
- Create and implement a structured marketing plan across multiple sectors/channels,
- Report on KPIs on a weekly/monthly/annual basis,
- Plan and manage all arrangements for global events and exhibitions,
- Understand markets and create customer profiles, using market reports and data to determine most effective marketing mix,
- Evaluate current marketing activities and materials, making decisions about effectiveness, and plan to continuously improve,
- Work closely with the sales and business development team, helping drive new business while nurturing and retaining existing customers,
- Organise and manage the company CRM system from a marketing perspective, ensuring customer information is updated, and new leads are logged/assigned,
- Creation of sales materials including presentations, playbooks, spec sheets, distributor/partner materials, and company documents as required,
- Lead on press activity including building strong relationships with key media to gain coverage in both national and international trade media,
- Manage all company communications and official PR, ensuring compliance to stakeholder information requirements and regulations.
- Occasional travel to global events and exhibitions,
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role within a relevant industry sector.
- Web design competency, SEO and social media expertise.
- Design skills, with an ability to create high quality presentations, visuals, brochures, newsletters, electronic publications, and experience with various design packages.
- Social skills, with an aptitude for engaging with a wide range of individuals, including agencies, customers, colleagues, investors, and senior management.
- Ability to organise and project manage a range of international marketing activities.
- Knowledge of photonics or semiconductor background would be an advantage.
- Salesforce CRM knowledge would also be an advantage, with the ability to integrate a range of add-ons that retain the end-to-end process within Salesforce.
For more infromation please contact Shaun Gannon at IC Resources.