DV Infrastructure Engineer
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
DV Infrastructure Engineer
A Infrastructure Engineer is required monitor/maintain the various environments and provide in-house support and technical specialism to the various teams who require access to the environments.
Hardware installation Software installation Document Authoring Hardware and Software Integration Unit and Integration Testing Problem Investigation and Resolution Development of scripts The Technical Manager will take technical direction from the appropriate Design Lead/C Eng. Day to Day responsibilities could include:
* Organising out of hours tasks such as lock changes and asset musters
* Maintaining the various environments and providing in-house support and technical specialism to the various teams who require access to the environments
* Providing Management with reports on system serviceability
* Software installation such as Windows server components (AD, Group Policies, DNS)
* Hardware and Software Integration
* Unit and Integration Testing
* Provide hardware fault diagnostics and repair, including ordering of parts via documented processes, via the equipment manufacture
* Ensuring system reliability by maintaining the Enterprise Backup solution
* Administration/Maintenance/Monitoring and Configuration Changes of the Enterprise Storage Systems
* VMware Administration
* DHCP, DNS, Active Directory and general infrastructure Administration/Configuration with Government approved lockdowns
* Produce design, build and administration documentation for handover to Operational staff
* Thick client administration, troubleshooting and rebuilding using MDT TS and HP RADIA
* AV administration including daily updates for Sophos, FEP and McAfee on several disconnected domains
* Providing RFC Impacting Assessments to the BID teams
Key Performance Indicators
Mandatory Skills Required:
* Team Management experience
* In-depth knowledge of VMware Virtualisation (ESXi + VDI), Windows 2008 server (AD), Windows 2003, clustering (Windows and VM)
* A detailed knowledge of Windows Vista and Windows XP client configurations.
* A broad understanding of all MS Server products including; Share Point Server, Exchange Server, Project Server
* Good communications & documentation skills and the ability to interface with management and customers at all levels
* Motivated self-starter able to effectively manage their time & mentor junior members of staff.
* Experience of deploying and supporting Defence IT infrastructures.
* Ability to handle demands from multiple complex environments and effectively prioritise tasks
* Ability to contribute throughout the full lifecycle from design through to implementation
Desirable Skills Required:
* Windows 2012 server / Windows 8.1
* VBS and power shell scripting skills
* Lumension Sanctuary server
* Radia operator experience
* Oracle experience
* Borland Application suite (Star Team & Quality Centre)
* Microsoft Exchange Messaging experience
* Experience of developing aspects of the solution of a major Defence IT infrastructure
* Ability to contribute throughout the full life-cycle from design through to implementation
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 18 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.