IT Support Engineer
£22,000 - £30,000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
This is an exciting opportunity for a confident, friendly and proactive person to join their growing team, providing Managed IT services to businesses across the East Midlands.
They are a growing IT services company operating mostly around the Lincoln and Newark areas, providing a wide array of IT support to small/medium size businesses. They offer a relaxed and fun working experience with a team of like-minded people passionate about IT, solving problems and looking after the customer.
Based from home you will provide professional and friendly IT support remotely and over the phone, with visits to customers when required (mostly in Lincolnshire).
You will be helping to support a wide variety of companies with all aspects of IT including servers, desktops, laptops, networks and firewalls, so the job is extremely varied and will require a broad experience.
- Strong experience of setting up and supporting Windows Server (2012, 2016, 2019) with strong knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and Group Policy.
- Experience of providing support for Microsoft based software including 365, Windows desktops and Office.
- Experience of firewall configuration
- Good working knowledge of networking including VPNs
- A quiet space at home to work with fast broadband internet access, ideally fibre or cable.
- A clean driving license and presentable car
- Must be located in the Lincoln/Newark area
A CRB/DBS check will need to be passed which we will arrange as it's a requirement of some of our customers.
Salary is competitive and will be negotiable based on your experience.
They believe their engineers working from home provides better coverage across the county for on-site support and will allow you to gain a better work/life balance by removing the daily commute while gaining the financial benefit of no associated travel costs.
Hours are typically 9.00 - 5.00 Monday to Friday
Please submit your CV with references and tell them how you fit the criteria and why you would be the best person for this role.