|Listed on:||30th April|
|Salary Notes:||Depends on experience|
As a Barclays Database Developer this is an exciting opportunity for you as you work within the area of Barclays Risk, Finance and Treasury. Being a Database Developer means you will be a part of the Data Management Technology team which develops applications and provides IT support to the bank's Front Office, Risk, Finance and Treasury Stakeholders. This is a global function, covering multiple sites across all business lines.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What you'll be doing?
• Ensuring that the technical architecture of the solution is in line with the overall architecture strategy and is dynamic enough to scale to cover and manage all asset class for markets
• Instrumenting best practices for solution development which requires understanding of market risk, compliance, and trade surveillance and regulatory data
• Driving the best execution strategy for implementation across cross asset globally
• Playing a lead role in designing, developing and implementing effective and efficient solution for end to end data flow
• Developing and executing in premises / cloud supported surveillance models for regulatory reporting and critical data analysis
• Implementing new reporting regulations in Europe, Americas and / or Asia Pacific, dependent on demand
• Playing a lead role in cross asset data modelling and design
What we're looking for:
• An extensive grounding in software development with solid data management skills considering in premises and Cloud based environments.
• Well versed with Data Storage and Data Retrieval mechanism for in premises (Data Warehouse / Data Mart) and Cloud based environments.
• Experience working with large scale Data Warehouses and Cloud Services
• Extensive experience PL/SQL Development, Database design, SQL performance tuning
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Good understanding of investment banking, and the industry sector
• In depth understanding of front to back finance and operational process flows
• Understanding of Cloud Technology and AWS in particular
• Understanding of Agile SDLC concepts; Understanding of Scrum/Kanban Agile SDLC methodology
Where will you be working?
We've been in Scotland for 250 years, and Scotland's significance to Barclays has never been as important as it is today. You can find the Aurora Building in Bothwell Street, a short walk from both Central and Queen Street Stations, and not far from Sauchiehall Street and Argyll Street, two of the city's main shopping hubs. We're committed to giving everyone the opportunity to thrive at Barclays, investing in our people, communities, and facilities - highlighted by our new state-of-the-art campus opening soon in the city centre.
Job ID: 2926516