|Listed on:||29th April|
|Salary Notes:||Depends on experience|
As a Barclays Pega Application Developer, you will be integral to the development and enhancement of a client management platform for the Client Lifecycle program which will automate a significant number of processes and allow Barclays to become the Go-To bank for client management. You will be responsible for designing, developing and setting up usability standards for the platform using Pega PRPC. The application has a very high level visibility within the firm.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
• Architect, design and develop BPM applications
• Fully understand business needs and requirements
• Leading the effort in gathering and understanding requirements and use cases
• Exhibiting solution architecture and design responsibility to deliver solution design within Pega PRPC
• Drive creation and integration of web services/ databases/ legacy systems
• Designing class structure, data models and application frameworks
• Lead and govern software development life cycle (SDLC)
• Governing business analysis and requirements gathering tasks performed by Business Analyst and providing support to Business Analyst wherever required
What we’re looking for:
• Extensive software development experience; particularly within Banking and financial services industry
• Substantial experience in development on Pega PRPC platform, and thorough knowledge about PEGA Class Hierarchy
• Hands on experience of working in Agile methodology, application design and unit testing for at least two projects
• Thorough understanding of business process management (BPM) systems like (PEGA, IBM BPM, etc.)
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Pega certifications, especially CSSA and CLSA (preferred)
• Knowledge of PRPC Rule Resolution, Inheritance, Circumstancing, Persistence, JMS/ JNDI Connectors, PRPC Multi-node architecture and caching
• Experience with MS SQL Server
• Expert knowledge in performance tuning in PEGA BPM applications
Where will you be working?
We’ve been in Scotland for 250 years, and Scotland’s significance to Barclays has never been as important as it is today. You can find the Aurora Building in Bothwell Street, a short walk from both Central and Queen Street Stations, and not far from Sauchiehall Street and Argyll Street, two of the city’s main shopping hubs. We’re committed to giving everyone the opportunity to thrive at Barclays, investing in our people, communities, and facilities - highlighted by our new state-of-the-art campus opening soon in the city centre.
Job ID: 2926143