Our innovation and engineering team is fuelled by the best minds and the most cutting-edge technologies. Here, we work together to solve energy's most complex puzzles. Like innovating to achieve our net zero ambition, building robots to keep our energy landscape safe, and digitising the entire way we work. As a member of our team, you can take the lead on data-driven projects, taking advantage of our extensive data lake to inspire your thinking. You could be building platforms and dashboards, or collaborating across functions to make everyone's lives simpler. And you'll do all this while carving out a career path that's right for you. Challenge your potential. Flex your mind. Imagine the impact you could have.
Job Profile Summary
- The staff data scientist role exists in order to bring thought leadership in the area of Data science and Machine Learning. You apply established statistical and/or ML methods the context of Retail i.e. Fuels Pricing, Convenience and Loyalty; you have significant knowledge and are the go-to person across bp in areas of time series forecasting & dimensionality reduction.
- You know how businesses interact and how to engineer them to work better. You apply in-depth statistical methods and data science algorithms to make decisions and prioritize opportunities to drive commercial excellence within Customers & Products through data
You bring significant business impact on one or multiple KPIs of the C&P Fuels Pricing business; you are often approached by the business for your thought leadership
What you will be doing with bp...
Lead the BP C&P dataWorx Data Science team in order to provide better insights and improved business performance for the retail and pricing businesses:
- Act as the accountable person for the statistical methods used to enquire data sets, design of Machine Learning models & defining the end to end data lifecycle of a data science project from ideation to production
- you advocate for data science best practices across Customers and Products; you review others work across Customers and Products and ensure high quality and reproducibility standards are met; You author / provide guidance to authors of internal data science best practices
- you drive an open data culture across Customers and Products to minimize silo thinking. You mentor emerging talent and support team members to accurately assess their own capability and take ownership of their career within bp
- You review the work of others for potential issues pertaining to digital trust and highlighting the need for further review by specialized reviewers if needed. Community SME on at least one method of model explainability.
Education and Academics
- Formal qualifications constituting university degrees, examination certificates that confirm a level of educational attainment or licenses.
- Membership of a technical or professional body that has confirmed an individual has reached a level of capability within a technical or professional field (usually but not necessarily obtained through examinations) or Formal certification that they can undertake specialist work or processes e.g. PMI.
- Possibly a PHD in computer science/Machine Learning
What will you bring to us...
- Full-stack AWS Machine Learning knowledge - You possess expert knowledge of AWS Sagemaker, Python/PySpark, Glue, Redshift, Power BI and the ability to distribute payloads through AWS
- Working knowledge for Machine Learning using time series forecasting models, using Deep Learning approaches like RNN, LSTMs
- Exposure to either Fuels Pricing and/or Retail Industry concepts
- AWS Sagemaker certification
INNOVATION & ENGINEERING
Join us in creating, growing, and delivering innovation at pace, enabling us to thrive while transitioning to a net zero ?world. All without compromising our operational risk management.
Working with us, you can do this by:
• deploying our integrated capability and standards in service of our net zero and ?safety ambitions
• driving our digital transformation and pioneering new business models
• collaborating to deliver competitive customer-focused energy solutions
• originating, scaling and commercialising innovative ideas, and creating ground-breaking new ?businesses from them
• protecting us by assuring management of our greatest physical and digital risks
Because together we are:
• Originators, builders, guardians and disruptors
• Engineers, technologists, scientists and entrepreneurs?
• Empathetic, curious, creative and inclusive
Contact Name: BP