Senior Data Scientist
Exciting role for a Senior Data Scientist to join one of South Africa's largest investment management companies.
Role & Responsibilities
- Data Preparation
- Analysis & Model Building
- Stakeholder Engagement
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field. Honors or Masters advantageous.
- 1-2 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages when managing data: (eg. R, Python, SQL, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques (e.g. GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.)
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques such as clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc. and their real-world advantages and drawbacks.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: (eg. Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, MySQL, etc.)
- Medical Aid
- Provident Fund
- Performance Bonus
Contact Name: Jack Waddell