|Recruiter:||Shared Lives Plus|
|Listed on:||27th April|
|Salary/Rate:||£34,471 - £34,471|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Development Officer - Recruitment and Training
Salary Scale: £34,471
Accountable to: Director of Development
Location: Flexible with occasional UK travel (when restrictions allow)
In Shared Lives, the person moves into the carer's own home either for short breaks or long-term as a place to settle and feel they belong. Key to the success of all arrangements is the careful recruitment and matching processes, carried out by the local scheme, which involves all parties in a personalised decision-making process.
Shared Lives Plus secured £300k from the government Community Coronavirus Support Fund, distributed by the National Lottery Community Fund, which helped develop new ways to recruit, assess and train Shared Lives carers that is sustainable through a pandemic or lockdown situation but will also bring additional benefits of online working and accessibility to schemes and members.
We are now looking for someone to maximise the potential of the portal by ensuring as many schemes as possible sign up to the arrangement, co-ordinate the roll out of the online recruitment and training platforms to the wider Shared Lives membership.
- Communicating with schemes on this exciting development, raising awareness about the key benefits of the portal/training and signing up an agreed number of schemes per year
- Leading the rollout of the online platform including providing initial training sessions and supporting schemes and carer applicants with any enquiries
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Promote the use of the online recruitment and training platform
- Co-ordinate training
- Manage the Data Protection Officer
- Offer support to our members across the UK
- Contribute to the effective administration of Shared Lives Plus
- Good standard of education (5 GCSEs or equivalent)
- Data Protection Training (or be willing to undertake training as part of the role)
- Experience of using WordPress/databases
- Planning, marketing and delivering training courses
- Setting up and delivering online sessions
- Making presentations to a variety of audiences including remotely
- Delivering training and updating learning materials; drafting guides etc
- Good IT knowledge and confidence to use learn dash/WordPress
- Excellent presentation, communication and report writing skills
- Able to engage confidently and constructively with members
- Effective organisation and time management skills
- Able to work flexibly and creatively using own initiative
- An understanding of Shared Lives and the philosophy and values underpinning our work and the sector
- Data protection and online security
- Excellent office IT skills (Microsoft Office 365, including Excel), with the ability to use video conferencing platforms
Values and Behaviours
- Ability to demonstrate behaviours that reflect the Shared Lives Plus Values:
Sense of Purpose
Zest and Enthusiasm
- Demonstrable commitment to working in ways which promote equality of opportunity and diversity
- Values the principles of co-production, empowering people who use services and partnership working
- You will be a tenacious and friendly person who enjoys meeting new people and building relationships
- Confident, positive, and innovative
- A genuine team member - willing to help and support colleagues in a small team
Please select the apply button and include updated CV and Supporting Statement in your application.
Your Supporting Statement should be kept to a minimum of two pages and should include:
- Why you want to work for the shared living sector
- How you meet the requirements of each area of the person specification (please use the job description/personal specification etc) showing:
Relevant skills and experience
How your knowledge, values and attitude makes you a suitable candidate
How you would meet the practical requirements of the job
Closing date and interviews:
- Closing date 12pm on 4th May 2021.
- Pre-interviews to be held via zoom on w/c 10th May 21
- Full Interviews to be held via zoom end of w/c 17th May 21 or end of w/c 10th May 21.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Service Development Officer, Service Co-ordinator, Service Co-ordinator, Service Development Co-ordinator, Project Officer, or Programme Officer.