Systems Engineer (Test Evaluation and Acceptance) - SC CLEARED
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
As part of the engineering function, a contract resource is required to fill the Test, Evaluation and Acceptance Lead on the programme.
They will be responsible for leading the technical planning, execution and management of all acceptance and test activities against the System requirements to support the delivery of the overall programme within time and budget.
The role requires the successful candidate to work in and manage multidisciplinary teams and to build and maintain relationships with the stakeholder and customer community. The candidate will also need to work closely and often in collaboration with various programme, customer, user and operator stakeholders in order to ensure development and delivery of successful test events on the target installed system.
This role requires a candidate with experience and knowledge of delivering military training systems, synthetic training technologies and operational mission training scenario development as well as experience of managing a complex test and acceptance programme to challenging timescales.
Key Tasks include:
* Working with Requirements, Architecture, Integration and Training Service Teams to lead the planning and execution of System Test, Verification and Validation in order to achieve customer acceptance of the System Capability
* Systems Engineering Management, including: Integration of Specialisms; Lifecycle Process Definition; Planning, Monitoring and Control, including tailoring of generic processes, the identification, assessment, analysis and control of technical risks and monitoring and control of progress
* Management of verification and validation requirement matrices (VVRM) against system requirements and associated V&V activities and events in order to manage and deliver the required evidence through acceptance activities.
* Use of DOORS tool to manage the VVRM.
* Delivery and management of Customer deliverables relating to Acceptance, including Test & Acceptance Plan, VVRM, Test procedures and scenarios, Test Reports.
* Planning, conducting and supporting Customer and Stakeholder Working Groups and Workshops, including Test & Acceptance working Group.
*Working closely with Programme Management (e.g. progress reporting, planning input)
* Working closely with Programme Chief Engineer and integration lead to align test programme to integration programme, and to highlight and manage defects found in test.
* Working collaboratively across different functions and Subject Matter Experts in Boeing in order to meet milestones and programme goals (e.g. IT, Supplier Management, SW Engineering, Training SMEs, Security), and to establish evidence for non-functional requirements.
* Building and maintaining customer and stakeholder relationships - this is essential for programme success
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.