|Recruiter:||Rise Technical Recruitment Ltd|
|Listed on:||26th April|
|Location:||Newcastle upon Tyne|
|Salary/Rate:||£35,000 - £40,000|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
RELOCATION TO EAST-ANGLIA
A new and exciting opportunity has become available for a Geotechnical Engineering/Geoscience specialist to get involved with one of the UK's most well-known industry leaders, with brand new laboratory equipment and the chance to take a step up into a management role.
Do you have experience of advanced offshore soil & rock testing such as work with Triaxials, Resonant Column tests, DSS etc.? Are you keen to step into a role with a growing company that will enable you to progress into lab management and beyond?
This well-established company specialises in providing offshore marine services for the oil, gas and wind-turbine industries. They have recently begun to obtain new projects with a number of high-profile clients that require a high level of testing capability- to help support this they are looking to take on a new Testing Specialist.
In this role you will be carrying out advanced geotechnical testing on soil and rock samples gathered during survey operations, you will also be involved in consulting with clients on the data gathered and project requirements. You will also be involved in mentoring junior members of staff in these techniques to increase the department's capabilities, with a mind to taking leadership of the department down the line as Lab Manager.
The ideal candidate will have an MSc or PhD in a Geoscience subject, and experience of carrying out advanced testing on soil and rock samples within the offshore survey industry.
* Soil & Rock Testing Specialist
* Carrying out advanced testing on soil and rock samples- Triaxials, Resonant Column tests, Ring Shears, DSS tests etc.
* Consulting with clients on project requirements and providing technical expertise
* Mentoring junior staff on testing methods with a mind to progressing to Lab Manager's position
* £30,000-£40,000 + Progression to Management + Private Medical + 30 Days Holiday
* Experience of carrying out advanced testing techniques on soil and rock samples- Triaxials, Resonant Column tests, Ring Shears, DSS tests etc.
* Understanding of the offshore surveying/energy industry
* Keen to progress their career into a management role and potentially beyond
* MSc or PhD in a Geoscience subject desirable
This vacancy is being advertised by Rise Technical Recruitment Ltd. The services of Rise Technical Recruitment Ltd are that of an Employment Agency.
Rise Technical Recruitment Ltd regrets to inform that our client can only accept applications from engineering candidates who have a valid legal permit or right to work in the United Kingdom. Potential candidates who do not have this right or permit, or are pending an application to obtain this right or permit should not apply as your details will not be processed.