Deployed Build Engineer (DV)
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
£450 - £500
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
My client is a global systems integrator who urgently required a Deployed Build Engineer to work from their regional delivery centre near to Glasgow.
6 months (initially)
£450 - £500
Day to Day Responsibilities
* Develop designs within a configuration managed environment
* Build and configure software from those designs in a configuration managed environment
* Work on the individual node builds, conducting the builds of the entire infrastructure including the network stack, SAN, VM's and end-user computers
* Manage and maintain a virtualized Windows server environment
* Occasional customer site visits as required
* Preparation of environments for Testing, Integration and Engineering work
* Conduct unit testing and verify that defects have been fixed and completed
* Produce design documents and other configuration items required for the implementation
* Work effectively with other teams to achieve overall project goals
* Support internal and external meetings relevant to the role or as directed by management
* Comply with governance as directed by management
* Contribute to progress reports
* Support test and integration activities
* Microsoft certification MCITP, MCSE or MCSA or equivalent.
* Experience of Microsoft Windows Server in an Enterprise Environment - installation, configuration and administration. DNS, DC Replication, DHCP, KMS, VAMT etc.
* Experience of working with VMWare environment
* Knowledge of Enterprise Storage and Anti-virus solutions
* Fault finding and diagnosis of a data centre infrastructure
* Ability to create documentation and follow documentation to the letter.
* Self-motivated, able to work without close supervision.
* Knowledge of automated server builds (e.g. Radia, Altiris, and SCCM etc.)
* PowerShell scripting experience.
* Netapp/SAN admin experience.
* Basic Cisco managed switch Admin/configuration and troubleshooting
* Knowledge of DFS, SQL, Exchange, Lumension.
* HP ProLiant and Dell servers experience
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 18 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.