Looking for your next role in Digital?
At Dstl we protect lives. We take innovative Science and Technology (S&T) and use it to keep the country safe. As Head of Architecture you will work within the CIO leadership team at Dstl to drive the modernisation and transformation of our digital services to enable high impact Science and Technology for our defence and security customers.
We provide the platforms and services which underpin the Dstl business and associated S&T Capabilities, and by virtue of the user experience we provide, we are responsible for making Dstl a great place to work.
As Head of Architecture you will play a critical role in designing, influencing and delivering Dstl's Digital Strategy. You will deliver capability expansion at pace and lead an area at the heart of our digital transformation plan.
With the ability to translate solutions into business terms and communicate to stakeholders, you'll be able to work independently and as part of the wider team.
Dstl recognises the importance of diversity and inclusion as people from diverse backgrounds bring fresh ideas. We are committed to building an inclusive working environment in which each employee fulfils their potential and maximises their contribution. We have a number of support networks to ensure all employees feel supported at work.
To be successful as our Head of Digital Architecture you'll also:
- be able to operate at a strategic level, setting a vision and influencing a multi-disciplined stakeholder community
- have developed a broad IT experience with in-depth understanding of application design & development, tooling, methods, integration, infrastructure, data and security
- have a background as a technologist/ architect with a wide range of design, development, service and architecture experience
- be able to develop good working relationships quickly across a range of levels and resources
- have confirmed experience of leading and working with commercial suppliers, understanding their motives and contractual constraints
have good interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- be persistent to see things through to a conclusion
- handle conflicting priorities and successfully deliver to changing requirements
- be able to coach and develop others in line with Government DDaT framework
In this role you will:
- be accountable for the architectural direction aligned to the strategy and business demands in addition to the definition of the Dstl architectural governance model
- ensure Dstl and its partners understand Dstl architectural direction and what this means for them and their services
- develop a technical roadmap for all of our services
- deliver core architectural standards, policy, patterns and best practise for our services
- create an Innovation focus ensuring our services are fit for the future
- provide relevant guidance and advice on strategy and direction for the CIO, acting on the CIOs behalf and with authority where appropriate.
To apply for this role please click Apply Now.