Non-Functional Test Analyst (AWS & Azure Cloud)
We are actively looking to secure a Non-Functional Test Analyst to join Experis as one of our expert consultants, delivering services to our clients.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Experis UK have partnerships with major clients across the UK spanning multiple industries; our approach is a very personal one, with both our clients and our own employees. We are passionate about training, technology and career development.
Our client is looking for an experienced Non-Functional Test Analyst to do a hands-on role for various test stages/phases, mainly Environment Readiness, System Integration testing and Operation Acceptance testing, working on the as part of an existing Non-Functional test team.
The team delivers testing services based upon the requirements of the client's applications portfolio. This role is required as there is a large programme of work establishing the platforms and moving 120+ applications from Datacentres onto a target Cloud.
This hands-on role requires technical know-how of different platforms and comprehensive understanding of infrastructure and how platforms are built and integrated.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Develop and document test plans that are appropriate for an individual project/change.
- Develop and document Test Scripts that are appropriate for an individual project/change.
- Execute the Tests, identifying and capturing any defects.
- Liaise with various key project personnel to get an adequate understanding about the project scope and testing requirements.
- Liaise with various technical SMEs & Project Technical Architect/s to review the test results.
- Provide regular progress reporting to the Team Manager.
- Work with the Test and Integration team, Project Manager/s, Application Support team, client stakeholders, third-parties and with other project stream leaders across the project lifecycle.
- Provide input into the Test Completion report for each test stage.
- Support the Non-Functional Test Team Manager to manage the testing repository on sharepoint/teamrooms containing electronic copies of various test deliverables viz. Test Plans, Test Results, Defect Log, progress reports, etc.
- ISEB/ISTQB Foundation certificate in Testing.
- Ability to define non-functional test scope & identify/create non-functional test cases on smaller changes.
- Strong client facing skills, with the ability to understand their key drivers.
- Understanding of and ability to effectively use Microfocus ALM tool to maintain testing artefacts, and to report on testing progress. ALM is being replaced with Azure Dev Ops in the next 6 months, experience in this tool for testing matters would be beneficial.
- Self-starter and flexible team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates attention to detail & can work on own initiative.
- Excellent communicator at all levels with strong negotiation and conflict management skills, with the ability to influence others.
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills involving process improvement recommendations.
- Proven experience in testing, assessing requirements with a good understanding of test techniques, metrics and some statistical analysis, different test lifecycles and the infrastructure required to support test execution.
- Proven experience of the delivery of Testing in the Cloud, ideally within both Azure and AWS Clouds.
- Proven Experience of a significant number of the following technologies (on-premise and cloud as applicable):
- Azure Cloud
- AWS Cloud
- Apache/Weblogic/Oracle DB (n-tier apps)
- Apache/Tomcat/Oracle DB (n-tier apps)
- HP-UX Platform
- SUSE Linux Platform
- VB / MS Access / MS FoxPro
- MS SQL Server
- Weblogic Integration Hub & Distributed Data File transfers
- SOA technologies including Tibco
- Legacy technologies
- Desktop application components associated to the above technologies
Interested candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.
Contact Name: Experis UK