Job Title: Research Analyst
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: 12 noon, Tuesday 4th May 2021
The British Dental Association (BDA) is the national professional association for dentists in the UK and we are currently seeking a Research Analyst to work within our Member Services Directorate to carry out qualitative and quantitative research to inform and support the work of the BDA.
The post-holder will provide expert advice and evidence on dentistry topics and the main duties and responsibilities include;
- Planning, designing, and coordinating qualitative and quantitative research to support BDA policy and campaign activity;
- The planning and undertaking of analyses of qualitative and quantitative data;
- Conducting research and analysis to underpin the BDA's annual evidence submission to the Doctors' and Dentists' Pay Review Body;
- Conducting membership research; facilitating research and support evidence-based practice across the BDA;
- Conducting analyses of general dental practice expense and activity patterns; conducting literature reviews and critically evaluate evidence on dentistry-related topics;
- Collaborating with BDA colleagues to ensure that evidence and research underpins the BDA's policy and political activities;
- Liaising with individuals and organisations commissioned by the BDA to carry out research or to provide expert advice;
- Working with the BDA's committees to identify their research and evidence needs;
- Communicating the findings from BDA research and analysis to internal and external audiences.
The successful candidate should have:
- A degree in a social-science discipline
- A post-graduate qualification in economics, social research, public policy, or a health-related subject
- An interest in UK health care policy and in issues affecting health care in the UK
- Sound knowledge of the research strategies and methods used in either social or health research, including survey research methods
- Experience of health, economic, or social research, including experience of coordinating research projects
- Experience of designing, planning, and conducting surveys
- Good knowledge of statistical methods and techniques used in the analysis of survey data
- Extensive experience in the management and analysis of large data-sets using statistical analysis packages such as SPSS
- A good understanding of the principles underpinning qualitative research
- Knowledge and experience of the methods used in analysing qualitative data
- Experience of writing research reports and disseminating research findings using a variety of media
- The ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; strong analytical skills
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to work independently as well as work as part of a team
- Excellent IT skills
- Generous company pension scheme
- Cash back for various healthcare treatments
- Employee assistance programme
- Subsidised gym membership
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button and complete the application form.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and an Investor in People.
Candidates with experience of: Research Analyst, Medical Researcher, Statistical Analyst, Healthcare Research, Data Analyst, Statistician, Medical Research Analysis, Marketing Data Analyst, Research Data Analyst, Research Officer, Business Analyst, Strategy Research Analyst, Statistics Research Analyst, Quantitative Research Analyst, Qualitative Research Analyst, Business Intelligence Analyst, BI, Economist may also be considered for this role.
Contact Name: British Dental Association