Job Title: Multi-skilled Auto Door Technician
Working hours: 8 - 4pm (37 hours per week)
Salary: Up to £14.00 per hour
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
The Company: Bolton Gate Services is the go-to company for maintenance and repair services on every make and model of door. Bolton Gate Services have more than 30 years of experience and are the number one choice for servicing an array of doors and secure entrance systems in the UK. Bolton Gate Services have a large and quickly growing list of loyal customers which are offered affordable maintenance packages and flexible contracts. Bolton Gate Services use tried and tested methods to ensure client's doors are safe and secure.
- Repair, install and service all types of industrial / Auto doors.
- Times allocated to service, Repair & installation jobs are achieved.
- Ability to follow logical and systematic steps to diagnose any potential or existing faults.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- To ensure that all work on the Companies business is carried out in safe, efficient and cost effective manner.
- To only work on equipment that you are suitably trained, qualified and experienced to do so.
- Ensure all works carried out are in accordance with instructions given.
- To work as part of a team and be adaptable and flexible to suit the needs of the company.
- To be available to work outside normal working hours when requested and as part of the depots call out rota, contactable by way of the issued company mobile phone 24/7.
- To ensure that all workman's instruction sheets, risk assessments, service check sheet, time sheets and all other standard reports are completed fully, correctly and submitted to the office in a timely manner.
- To carry out on-site quotations, where required to do so by your Manager/Supervisor.
- Ensure company equipment provided is kept safe, serviceable and free from damage at all times, all defects to be reported immediately.
- Ensure their vehicle is kept clean and free from damage at all times, all defects to be reported immediately.
- Ensure vehicle is kept adequately stocked with the required documents to carry out their tasks.
- Ensure vehicle is kept adequately stocked with essentials spares and fixings at all times, inform supervisor immediately if depot stock levels are running low.
- Where required assist with any other duties to ensure the smooth running of the company where reasonably safe to do so.
- Ensure depot workshop (where applicable) is kept clean, tidy and safe at all times, report any issues immediately.
- Be able to communicate with other fitters /electricians, their Supervisor/Manager and the Company Directors to effect change.
- To follow health and safety outlined in Section 7 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Must be numerate, have self-discipline and be able to work safely on their own initiative sometimes without supervision and be able to learn from their mistakes. It is important that the applicant is able to work within a small team and have good communications skills.
- Must be suitably qualified to the relevant NVQ level or similar that includes door related activities (If a suitable candidate is found who does not have these qualifications then internal training will be provided).
- Must have experience in working on automatic entrance doors, roller shutter doors, sectional overhead doors, sliding folding doors and rapid roll doors.
- Must have City & Guilds Electrical Installation qualification or equivalent.
- Must have City & Guilds BS7671:2008 17th Edition Qualification.
- Must have BS EN 16005 Qualification (supersedes BS7036) or be working towards achieving this qualification.
- Must have some experience in reading engineering drawings of basic components, sub-assemblies and general arrangements drawings
- Must have the ability to carry out investigations to overcome site problems.
- Good rates of pay with bonuses for the completion of work in the required time frame.
- 20 days' annual paid holidays including 8 bank holidays. (rising to 25 after 5 years' service)
- Company Van / fuel card provided.
- All power tools provided
- PPE provided and Company Uniform Provided.
- Product training where necessary is provided.
- Contributory pension
- Company mobile phone. / Tablet.
- Overtime/ bonuses.
- Pay is negotiable depending on experience*
Please click the APPLY button and to submit your CV and Cover Letter.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Multi Trade, Service Engineer, Installation Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Service Technician, Automotive Engineer, Machine Technician, Field service engineer, Service engineer, Engineer, Technician, Industrial Door Engineer, Door Engineer, Auto Door Engineer, Door Fitter, Door Installer, Door Systems Engineer, Repair Technician, Mobile Engineer, Electrical Field Service Engineer, Installation Technician, Senior Engineer, Repair Engineer, Door Maintenance Engineer will be considered for this role.
Contact Name: Bolton Gate Services