LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
Newcastle upon Tyne
£9 - £9
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
My client who is based in Newcastle upon tyne is looking for a project co-ordinator for an initial 6 month contract with the chance to stay on.
As part of one of our Enterprise Delivery Hubs, you'll be working with some of our largest government customers and corporate brands across the UK and Ireland. What we do matters to their customers and effects the everyday lives of citizens in the UK and Ireland. You may be working as part of a wider team to help support or deliver projects for our customers or you may get the opportunity to deliver your own work orders from start to finish. Each of our projects and customers are unique, which means it's an exciting place to learn new skills.
You will work alongside other similarly skilled individuals in a co-located team. You will be well supported by experienced project and programme managers day to day as well as developing you to reach your own career ambitions.
What you'll be doing
* Delivery - Delivery of work orders to the Project & Programme Management Team as directed, on projects (or individual work orders) of varying size and complexity. This may involve owning some work orders end-to-end (with a small to medium degree of risk) or delivering work orders or project support activities as part of a wider Programme or Project Team.
* Organising - Organising and controlling delivery activities, under the direction of a Project or Programme Manager. Ensure deadlines are met and documents are updated accurately. Tracking and ensuring actions are completed.
* Stakeholders - Maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders across BT and your customer, at an appropriate level.
* Methodologies - Following and learning the necessary Programme & Project Management methodologies and processes to benefit now and in the future.
* Tolerances - Delivering work to the necessary time, cost and quality constraints.
* Risks and Issues - Managing risk and issues that are identified by managing a RAID log.
* Resources - Booking and managing delivery resources. Where required, interface with 3rd party suppliers, which involves the agreement, planning, timelines and quality of deliverables.
* Reporting & Governance - Providing status updates within BT and externally and contributing to Programme & Project governance.
* Finances - Track work order costs where required. Ensure completed requests are effectively closed out for invoicing. Identify and manage changes to scope and cost.
Whilst day to day operations and software may differ from assignment to assignment, the level of responsibility and accountability remains the same across all roles
5 Key skills required
* Knowledge of delivery techniques or project management
* An ability to engage people through verbal, written and presentation skills.
* Well organised and detail orientated.
* Demonstrate initiative - self-starter.
* Good interpersonal skills. Great communicator, able to form relationships and build rapport.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.