Lead Data Scientist
Depends on experience
Depends on experience
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
As a Barclays Lead Data Scientist at Barclays you will pioneer delivery of innovative customer and client use cases, working in partnership with business teams and data experts across the Data and Strategic Analytics (DASA) team. You will be responsible for designing and modelling key initiatives, taking accountability for existing solutions as well as designing and implementing both the tactical and longer term strategic end to end (E2E) product lifecycle roadmaps.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
• You will be supporting the build out of data driven strategy for sales, servicing and communications to our customers
• You will follow best-practice engineering standards, such as architectural design, unit testing and test driven development
• Mentoring fellow data scientists, partner with data technology & engineers, and work closely with the product development organization
• Ensuring the work within DASA is recognised externally, building and creating a brand for the team, in order to become recognised globally for success
• Creating and delivering business orientated insights as to where the problems/opportunities lie and how resources may best be allocated to engage
• Have a deep commercial understanding of the business areas supported and identification of value driving use cases that derive real business impact
What we're looking for:
• Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Engineering) or equivalent experience
• Experience working on common Machine Learning / scalable analytics tasks (Exploratory analysis; data manipulation, learning / evaluation, scalability etc.)
• Solid mathematical background with experience in using classical statistical methods (Logistic Regression, Decision tree, Time series analysis)
• Commercial experience and proficiency in one of Python or Scala, including their relevant libraries for analytical activity (e.g. Pandas, Numpy, Sklearn for Python)
Skills that will help you in the role:
Experience in taking a data science solution from development through to deployment in a Production system (on-Prem or Cloud)
• Experience in modern software engineering practices - Agile / Lean methodology, CI/CD pipelines, micro services
• Design driven thinking, a passion for data and clear understanding of the value this can hold to a commercial business
• Experience in data visualisation tools D3, High Charts, Tableau, R Shiny
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.