Senior Data Scientist (Applied Science Focus)
Depends on experience
Depends on experience
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
As a Barclays Senior Applied Data Scientist you will lead delivery of innovative customer and client use cases, working in partnership with business teams and data experts across the Data and Strategic Analytics (DASA) team. You will be responsible for designing and modelling key initiatives, taking accountability for existing solutions as well as designing and implementing both the tactical and longer term strategic end to end (E2E) product lifecycle roadmaps.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
• You will be responsible for taking a leading role in setting the technical direction for the Data Science team in a company with millions of users and big ambitions
• Managing and mentoring fellow data scientists, partner with data technology and engineers, and working closely with the product development organization
• Ensuring alignment of cross BU thinking and strategy, and partnership with wider bank teams
• Supporting the build out of data driven strategy for sales, servicing and communications to our customers
• Following best-practice engineering standards, such as architectural design, unit testing and test driven development
What we're looking for:
• Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Engineering) or equivalent experience
• Solid mathematical background with experience in using classical statistical methods (Logistic Regression, Decision tree, Time series analysis)
• Experience in taking a data science solution from development through to deployment in a Production system (on-Prem or Cloud)
• Commercial experience in one of Python or Scala, including their relevant libraries for analytical activity
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Hands on experience with big data manipulation tools such as, Hadoop, Spark, Python, R, Impala, Hive, Pig and SAS/SQL
• Understanding and commercial experience in at least one of: Natural language processing, Deep Learning (including working with Tensorflow); Big Data analytics
• Experience in modern software engineering practices - Agile / Lean methodology, CI/CD pipelines, micro services
• Design driven thinking, a passion for data and clear understanding of the value this can hold to a commercial business
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.