We empower forward-thinking businesses to build a sustainable future by providing flexible and scalable electric vehicle charging solutions.
You'll be contributing to the way our innovative charging solutions are designed, built, and maintained. At every stage, our solutions need to be in peak condition to make electric mobility easy and affordable for businesses and drivers around the world.
For more information, check out our YouTube video "#10YearsofEVBox | What will your story be?"
Who we're looking for
We are looking for a Software Engineer, where you'll be part of the development of our EVBox embedded software for electronics within multiple projects. You will work on the overall product development strategy for embedded systems and report to our Embedded Software Team Lead.
- Write high-quality software requirements and specifications
- Develop, test, and maintain embedded Linux libraries and applications in C
- Design new software for existing and future embedded systems platforms
- Create reliable software for remotely accessible charging stations (both AC & DC), enabling remote control, monitoring, and troubleshooting
- Contribute to software quality improvements
- Guide Technical Support Engineers on new electronics setup's and software releases
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in a technical field
- Strong software skills in an embedded Linux environment is a must
- More than 3 years of commercial experience in C development
- Familiar with unit testing, continuous integration and version control (Git)
- Experience with M2M communication standards and platforms (WebSocket, TCP/IP)
- Experience in Network communication layers (Wi-Fi, UMTS/LTE, Bluetooth)
- Proven track record in successful software delivery for commercial systems, consumer products, industrialization of software
- Experience working in an Agile team/environment (Scrum)
- Experience with Lua and/or shell script
- Experience with Glib and/or DBus is considered a big plus.
- Knowledge of data encryption and security principles is a plus.
- Knowledge of software quality standards is a plus.
You'll be leaving your mark in this important field for a sustainable future.
What do we offer
- Competitive salary
- Brand new office in Amsterdam West
- Up to 3 days per week working from home (even post Covid-19 :)
- Budget to set up your home office
- Private pension contribution
- Discounted medical insurance
- Commuting allowance
- 25 vacation days and 2 days of holiday swap
- Volunteer day
- Work from anywhere for 2 weeks
- Access to learning platforms and personal development budget
Still need convincing? Find out even more about us by visiting blog.evbox.com and by checking us out on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
EVBox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We guide ourselves using three values: being passionate, being reliable, and being human. EVBox celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Ready to power our sustainable future? Please use the 'Apply' button.