|Recruiter:||Skipton Building Society|
|Listed on:||13th April|
|Salary/Rate:||£24,000 - £42,500|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
We are hiring a high calibre experienced Software Engineer to work on Cloud Services as we migrate to Azure. Joining us as a Software Engineer where your knowledge and advice about new and advancing technologies, will be highly appreciated. We will look to you to provide expertise, direction, design and delivery of significant software solutions in line with our strategicpriorities and project deliverable. We want to solve problems for ourcustomers and deliver them awesome experiences by bringing together great mindsto reach our goals.
The role is for a full-stack Software Engineer and offers unparalleled opportunities to work with a broad range of technologies, from low-level programming to system integration, and on avariety of platforms. There is a strong emphasis on quality.
Using Agile techniques, you will regularly deliver incremental enhancements to our products. This is a core software development position and you will be expected to demonstrate a strong understanding of computer systems, programming and building software. Collaboration is an essential skill and you will actively participate in design discussions and code reviews with colleagues. You will be a leading individual contributor and, as a team member, provide direction and mentoring to others.
Most of the development team is basedin North Yorkshire, UK, but we have remote workers and applications fromcandidates wishing to work remotely are welcome.
You will deliver and develop effective solutions that align to our robust processes, lead best practice and standards around application development. Use your wider knowledge and experience to influence and challenge our team and utilise external sources to drive continuous improvements and procedural innovation. We'll expect you to take ownership of tasks, show commitment through tocompletion, and demonstrate the ability to effectively manage your time tomaximise value for yourself and others.
To successfully guide, motivate andmentor the teamto ensure that they work efficiently and effectively. Identifying training requirements for colleagues and provide regular reporting on progress.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate expertise in the following areas:
- Strong engineering background covering SOLID principles with .Net/C# experience
- Good breadth of knowledge in various Azure PaaS offering, including but not limited to APIM, Logic Apps, App Services, Functions, Application Insights, Key Vault, Blob Storage, Cosmos DB
- Understanding of Azure networking and security concerns which impact development
- Skilled in automation practices e.g. Azure DevOps, CI/CD
- Already hold (or be studying towards) Azure Developer and DevOps Engineer certification - Comfortable facilitating and hosting design sessions
- Experience in writing unit tests and integration tests
- Strong emphasis on continuous learning and development
- Prior financial services experience would be advantageous but is not essential
If you are a values-driven individual with a dynamic and pragmatic approach and an ability to convey information to non-technical colleagues concisely we would love to hear from you. Our training and development plan and career progression scheme mean you will be constantly adding to your skill set and experiencing new situations.
- Pensioncontribution & bonus scheme
- Generous holi day entitlement
- Flexible working patterns
- Health cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Rail Season Ticket scheme
Why Work For Us
At Skipton Building Society, we're not just another Financial Services Company. We're a mutual organisation, which means we're owned by our members and believein putting them at the heart of everything we do.
The same goes for our people. We can only be successful as a business if we have great people, and we believe in treating people as individuals. Our core values are Trust, Ownership and One Team, which reflect the attitudes and way of working everyone here displays on a daily basis.
If you're up for the challenge, and you want to have a real say in how things arebeing done at Skipton Building Society, we want to hear from you. Apply today!