Trainline is the leading independent rail and coach travel platform selling rail and coach tickets to millions of travellers worldwide. Via our highly rated website and mobile app, people can seamlessly search, book and manage their journeys all in one place. We bring together millions of routes, fares and journey times from 270+ rail and coach carriers across 45 countries. We offer our customers the best price for their journey and smart, real time travel information on the go. Our aim is to make rail and coach travel easier and more accessible, encouraging people to make more environmentally sustainable travel choices.
Over half of our staff are technologists who are making an impact on how people travel through the use of high-quality software.
At Trainline we have a modern and scalable tech platform that is built for volume and feature growth. Our mission is to find the perfect journey for our customer, and to do it in a fast, intuitive, reliable, and economic way. In a highly dynamic industry and with the ever-changing needs of our users, we must be ready to act, test, and measure quickly, in a way that only extensive and focused use of technology can enable us to. We have the power to revolutionise our customers' travel experience through technology innovation.
Did you know that Trainline has:
- 20+ engineering teams
- 400+ software engineers
- 40+ daily Production deployments
- 600 services
- 96m+ monthly visits
The Channels department are a collection of engineering clusters who own various applications that are central to the success of Trainline. These applications range from our highly rated web and mobile apps that are used by millions, contact center and agent booking flow tooling to ensure customers receive the support and flexibility they need, B2B and B2C APIs to allow for seamless flows, and growth/acquisition to bring new customers into our product.
What you'll be working on:
- End to end feature development
- End to end ownership of your applications from deployment to on-call support
- Hands on testing, code reviews and pairing
- Working with BA's, PO's and developers to review, set story and feature acceptance criteria
- Data driven decision making
- Continuously improving code base and removing technical debt
What you'll bring:
- Hands on experience with .NET Core/Frameworks/C#
- Experience of leading project delivery, mentoring less experienced engineers
- TDD ingrained into work practices, mocking frameworks or similar tools
- Exposure to high traffic or performance focused environments
- CI tools and Cloud experience
But why should you join?
You will be working in a high performing and collaborative multi-cultural team. We have over 40 nationalities across our 3 offices in London, Paris and Edinburgh who work closely together.
We want our people to stretch their minds, abilities, and share their knowledge. Each year we hold The Trainline Tech Summit, which provides Trainliners with an opportunity to stand up and share their story, learnings, or new skills with their colleagues in a safe environment.
We've always paid special attention to flexible working as we value a strong work/life balance. The pandemic has taught us that a balance between remote working and being in a collaborative office environment leads to productive teams.
Everything begins with great people, as well as aptitude we put a heavy emphasis on attitude.
Coaches Over Heroes
- We prioritise the focus on being one team over elevating the heroics of an individual, for us the true heroes are those who are excellent at nurturing, coaching and generous in sharing their knowledge with others.
- Everything that we do takes into account the morale of every member of our team, their opportunities for growth and for participation in exciting challenges.
Mentoring and Learning
- We have a mentoring community that is constantly growing, we provide people with mentors or buddies from various teams.
- We hire awesome people capable of making smart decisions - empowerment is a great enabler of agility. It is within a supportive team that you will feel the strength to thrive and try new things knowing that everyone will be there for you along the way.
We value open expression at Trainline, we believe it's the diversity of experience, backgrounds and perspectives of our employees that makes us who we are. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people travel across the world.
Contact Name: Trainline