Job Title: System Administrator
Salary: Dependant on Experience
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Armagard is an award winning SME company manufacturing environmental enclosures across a diverse product range and supplying these products to 54 countries worldwide. Armagard has received The Queens Award for International Trade and also won the National Exporter of the year award presented by the British Chamber of Commerce, which reflects our ability to design, manufacture and supply a competitive product world-wide.
Armagard is looking to hire a System Administrator to primarily configure, install and manage the company's servers, networks and digital infrastructure. Additional DevOps skills to maintain and support the development infrastructure would also be an asset.
The System Admin Role:
We are looking for someone who is able to:
- Install, configure and maintain bare metal and virtual servers (Linux based externally for web hosting, and Windows based internally).
- Install, configure and maintain other computer hardware, such as network switches and routers.
- Formulate a sensible disaster recovery plan, ensuring that all servers are replicated and backed up to a recoverable state.
- Install, configure, maintain and support Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Troubleshoot and problem solves day to day technical issues for our staff team.
- Make good business choices to help to improve our digital infrastructure.
- Formulate good internal IT policies to ensure data security and that adhere to UK law.
DevOps Aspect of the Role:
- Build, maintain and support development tools and development infrastructure.
- We currently use GitLab but will be moving to BitBucket and the Atlassian suite
- Implement ways of automating and improving development and release processes
- Test and peer review code for release.
- Trouble shoot technical problems with the dev team and put forward solutions that meet the business needs.
- We are moving to work in an Agile way so any experience with agile methodologies would be advantageous (Scrum or Kanban, for instance).
- Establish processes, policies and procedures that ensure that we can release with confidence.
- Be part of the planning process and suggest sensible release schedules based on business needs and available resources.
- Ideally 2.5+ years of technical experience, or a strong technical background.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written.
- Be able to audit, correctly raise the issues and take corrective actions when required
- A keen eye towards problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Competitive salary depending on experience.
- 31 days' holiday (inclusive of annual, bank/public days). Access to a contributory company pension scheme.
- A varied and interesting role with the ability to progress.
Please click the APPLY button and to submit your CV and Cover Letter.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; System Administrator, Systems Administrator, sysadmin, Dev Ops, Software Development, IT, IT Professional, IT Desk Support, 1st Line Support, IT Manager 1st Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, Desktop Support, 1st Line Support Engineer.