Network Engineer - Dutch & English
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Waregem, West-Vlaanderen (onsite)
Languages: NL + EN (fluent)
We would seek for a person to work within the Cyber-Security team and together with our Network team.
We are starting a network segmentation project, and we are looking for a person to drive the project from the technical perspective.
The person has the goal to make sure that the correct applications and platforms get to be segmented
What should the Segmentation Person be able to do?
* Generalist (mid-level knowledge on a lot of topics: network, security, applications, cloud)
* Analyst, needs to be able to reverse-engineer solution designs.
* Communicator, needs to be able to talk to application and platform owners
* 3-5 years of experience
Shield existing VLANs:
* Analyze the cross-vlan traffic
* Define legitimate traffic flows and translate them into FW rules
* Identify devices that are in the wrong subnet and migrate them to the correct subnet, together with the relevant teams.
* Close down access from and to subnets without devices in the wrong place (add deny FW rule at the end of the rules for legitimate flows.
* Measure. Analyze FW rules. Follow up on issues. Troubleshoot issues.
Refine existing (DC) subnets
* Understand the current application landscape and create visibility into the application data flows (using existing technologies, design documents, etc.)
* In close cooperation with the application owners and datacenter engineers:
* - Inventorize all communication flows and map them on the correct process and application
* - Map dependencies between applications
* - Define logical groups of servers/applications and assign an IP plan and subnets to them.
* - Define FW rules
* - Make a transition plan per future subnet and map that onto change windows that were confirmed by the business.
* - Follow up change process
* Measure. Analyze FW rules (again). Follow up on issues. Troubleshoot issues.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.