Job title: IT Programme Manager
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Salary: Up to £80,000 per annum, plus bonus and benefits
Managing a portfolio of projects at various stages of the project delivery lifecycle that impact multiple business areas; ensuring that competing priorities are effectively managed to result in successful delivery of the projects within agreed timescales, scope, and budget.
- Responsible for managing IT programmes and projects with a related cost of c.£500k+
- Planning and designing IT programmes and projects, and proactively monitoring its progress
- Delivering IT projects within the agreed governance structure, timescales, scope and budget
- Tracking, prioritising and resolving issues and managing risks throughout the delivery process
- Budget and resource forecasting and management for each project
- Defining the governance structure for each project
- Managing Third Party deliverables and relationships in line with contractual obligations
- Co-ordinating and influencing stakeholders from across the organisations from Board level downwards
- Providing effective and timely reports to ensure stakeholders are kept up-to-date at all stages throughout the project lifecycle
- Lead a small team of project managers, business analysts and business product owners to ensure successful delivery of projects
- Participating in annual planning of the Change Management Portfolio, programme planning and project planning as well as managing to a budget
Knowledge and experience
- Experience of successful delivery of at least 3 IT programmes costing in excess of £500k with cross organisational impacts
- Significant experience of delivering progressive information technology change.
- Understanding what good design, development and testing looks like to enable robust discussions with technology resources and suppliers on the project.
- Strong change management and leadership skills, and the ability to apply them to implement new systems and redesign work.
- Experience of running senior stakeholder meetings e.g. Steering groups as well as workshops to facilitate an agreed decision/outcome.
- Experience of commercial negotiations with suppliers to input into contracts for project delivery.
- Experience of working in a complex corporate culture or rapidly growing business.
- A background in financial services is desirable.
A background in financial services is desirable. Relevant qualifications such as PRINCE2, APMP, PMI, MSP