Senior Business Intelligence & Data Engineer (Developer)
My Client pride themselves on empowering our people, providing real value to our clients by delivering sustainable software solutions with long lasting benefits. They place personal growth and development at the heart of their business, and they give their people the autonomy to own their role and be an expert in their field.
They are looking for a Senior BI & Data Engineer (Developer) to be responsible for the delivery of data pipelines, data sets and semantic layers in a Snowflake environment to facilitate the delivery of reports, dashboards, and analysis.
A successful Senior BI & Data Engineer (Developer) will have excellent sql skills, proven experience of data denormalisation and dimensional modelling, experience in data management and pipelining, deep understanding of data modelling, and be able to analyse and profile raw data.
You will have proven success in delivering high quality code and processes, and have strong organisational, critical thinking, and communication skills. You will be expected to work collaboratively with data integration teams and be able to work with them to drive constant improvement in data quality.
Key Expectations in the role:
- Pipelining data from raw data repositories into dimensional models, data sets, semantic and presentation layers to support the delivery of reports, dashboards, and analysis
- Assuring the quality, integrity, performance, and security of data processing
- Ensuring that business needs for insights and analysis are understood and that data processes enable ease of access and understanding
- While not responsible for report or dashboard development, a deep understanding of reporting and visualisation tools
- Data modelling
- Collaborative working with data integration teams to drive constant improvement in data quality.
- Maintaining and constantly improving new and existing data processes
- Ensuring all code is properly version controlled and documented
Key Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related experience
- Experience as a Business Intelligence Data Engineer or Developer.
- Excellent SQL
- Proven experience of data denormalisation and dimensional modelling
- Extensive experience with Snowflake and understanding of Snowpipe
- Experience in data warehouse design and data modelling
- In-depth knowledge of BI and data technologies
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in an agile team
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrable experience of code control and management
- Ability to serve as a role model for code and data practice excellence
- Highly competent in code management and version control systems (e.g. GIT)
- Solid background in data development using Agile, and a proven experience of developer led test and UAT practices
- Proven experience in acquiring and transforming data from raw state in S3 buckets, JSON or similar
- Knowledge of multiple formal development methodologies along with a good understanding of the IT industry and the implications of new technologies and processes for the wider business environment.