Quill Pinpoint Ltd "Quill" is a leading software supplier to the legal industry. Founded in 1978 we are in the enviable position of providing both software and services to the legal and professional service sectors. We have circa 100 colleagues working throughout the UK to provide solutions to our clients delivering tangible benefits and true value for money. Recognised as an accredited Best Companies to work for, our CORE values are centred around Commitment, Openness and Honesty, Respect and Efficiency and we have a strong moral principle to ensure we continue to give back to our local communities. We have been accredited with 2* Best Companies standard.
We are looking for an enthusiastic leader to join our data team. You should ideally have 3 years' experience working to deliver robust data solutions centered around financial data and documents. You will be expected to lead the data team in developing data migration activities, providing technical guidance and support to the team, and thinking about plans and priorities for the department.
- lead the Data Conversion team, providing technical guidance and support as well as people management responsibilities
- have experience of the Full ETL Process - Extract, Transform and Load data from legacy case management/practice management and legal accounting systems, into Quill's Interactive Accounts system
- liaise with internal and external stakeholders to define requirements and document migration activities
- create new, and enhance existing translation processes to maximise productivity and throughput, whilst reducing risk and errors during migration process
- participate in sprint review process to ensure any development work on the Quill suite of products are aligned with data migration tool kits
- collaborate within our internal Product Development, Support and Implementation teams, to facilitate a smooth transition into a Live environment
- document, review, and confidently communicate project deliverables to stakeholders and internal team members
- identify risks and provide solutions to any areas that could impact a successful migration
- analyse, document and communicate migration details following implementation to take a constructive approach to continuous improvement
You will have:
- A solid background in developing data migration solutions
- Proven experience of converting financial information
- Hands-on experience working with a variety of data structures and databases
- Strong communication skills with ability to build cross-team alignment on technical decisions
- A record of maximising a team's potential through coaching and mentoring
- Experience working with legal or practice management systems
- Legal accounts and double entry bookkeeping knowledge
- Database administration (DBA) experience in SQL Server
The Technical stuff
Our development team use React in the front end through to C# in the back end, using a loosely coupled service architecture hosted on GCP using a mix of ASP.NET Web API and ASP.NET Core web services. Our backend databases consist of Firebird, MongoDB and PostGres. We are not without some technical debt and proactively manage a roadmap to reduce it.
Our current data conversion team utilise a mixture of in house Delphi applications linked to Access and SQL databases for the staging infrastructure before loading into the one of Firebird, Mongo or PostGres depending on the data type.
What you get
A fantastic opportunity to become an expert in legal accounts software. You will be working in a rewarding and supportive environment with ongoing training, enabling you to succeed in the build and delivery of our leading legal accounts software.
How will you benefit working at Quill?
- Whilst there will be a requirement to attend the office, we operate on an Agile working policy where you can work from home or the office.
- We provide a warm, friendly workplace with great opportunities for career progression with paid professional subscriptions and qualifications. As part of our remuneration package, salaries are benchmarked against our competency scales to ensure that everyone is rewarded fairly for the work they undertake and skills they possess. Salaries are reviewed annually against these competency scales.
- We offer 23 days holidays per annum - these increase to 27 based on length of service, pro-rata
- We provide a 5% employer pension contribution.
- All employees are eligible for our annual bonus scheme which is linked to individual and company performance.
- Active social committee, charity fundraising group with regular activities and nights out.
- Length of service, Christmas and birthday awards.
- Cycle to work, travel loan and car park schemes.
- Buy and sell holidays facility.
Contact Name: Quill Pinpoint