|Listed on:||1st April|
|Location:||Manchester or Newcastle|
People make Sage great. From our colleagues delivering ground-breaking solutions to the customers who use them: people have helped us grow for more than thirty years, and people are driving our future as a great SaaS company. We're writing our next chapter. Be part of it!
Experience has taught us that when our customers thrive, we thrive. As a team, we always start with what customers need. Through the good... and more challenging times. Innovating at pace so customers can manage their finances, operations and people. Every one of us shapes our culture at Sage - doing what's right and succeeding together, united by our commitment to each other. We encourage each other to grow in our roles, in our careers and as individuals.
Follow us on our social media sites below to join in conversations about career tips, open positions and company news! #lifeatsage #sagecareers. All qualified applicants will be thoughtfully considered and never discriminated against based on their race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Great opportunity to join our Sage Business Cloud Accounting team to help define and set the technical architecture roadmap that enables a product or product set
• Translate commercial priorities and customer requirements into a compelling solution for the technologies that enable the products in scope
• Create technical plans that deliver against the vision and architecture strategy
• Own the technical solution design, architecture decisions and governance for the technology in scope.
• Drive the adoption of the Sage Business cloud model
• Deep customer empathy and ability to quickly translate learnings into solid, scalable architecture with an API first approach
• Provide 3rd tier support and/or expertise for the area of responsibility
• Be an active and enthusiastic team player. Partner effectively with all team members to deliver against commitments.
• Commitment to team success and positive team dynamics
• Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools & techniques
Skills, know-how and experience:
• Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of software architecture.
• Deep technical expertise for the technologies in scope
• Complex problem-solving ability
• Passion for being hands on techie
• Ability to document requirements and specifications in software architecture
• Deep knowledge around building global products
• Knowledgeable in operationalizing 21st Century trends like Cloud, Social, Mobility, IoT, Big Data, ...
• Knowledgeable implementing Architecture Best Practices and Patterns like Microservices, CQRS, Event Sourcing, Domain-Driven Design, ...
• Proven hands-on experience
• Experience in AWS
• Experienced using a TDD & BDD approach
• Experienced working with Open Source projects and in an Open Source approach internally
• Expert creating API-first products
Why you would love to join us:
• You'll work alongside highly capable engineers
• We offer a competitive salary, share scheme, and bonus options.
• Fantastic tech environment, using best of breed and cutting-edge technologies
• Make a difference to communities we live and work in, with your 5 volunteer days every year
• You will receive brand-new high-spec equipment to work on
• Flexible start times on the tech team
• Regular social events, team outings, conference and meet-ups.
Contact Name: Nathan Doherty
Job ID: 2915496