We have a leading role in transforming Management Information for world-leading Government science and technology organisation. The Defence Science and Technology Laboratory has an outstanding reputation of delivering cutting-edge science and technology solutions for the UK Government on a wide range of defence and security challenges.
For DSTL to underpin more effective and efficient running of the organisation, we are overhauling its corporate management information capability to provide managers and staff throughout the organisation with rapid, accurate information on all aspects of the business.
If you are an experienced Management Information/Business Intelligence or Data Science practitioner, with outstanding leadership, collaboration and communication skills, and are looking for the chance to play a leading role in both shaping the transformation of DSTL's MI capability and being at the forefront of delivering high quality MI products to all levels of the organisation, then please have a look at the job profile, we would welcome an application from you.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience of working with complex, disparate data sets to generate concise, clear information for senior managers
- Very good understanding and experience of developing reports in PowerBI
- A proactive leader who can work across multiple business areas, generating productive relationships
- A good understanding of business drivers underpinning corporate strategy
- A desire to help influence and support the Dstl Executive
knowledge of Dstl's business and environment
In this role you will:
- Lead on the development of MI capability, delivering the MI centralisation change programme and then leading the subsequent team
- Establishing positive relationships, underpinned by effective systems, across Dstl in order to feed clear and timely data into quarterly reporting and monitoring of Dstl's strategy
- Work with business owners to ensure effective reporting capabilities are in place
- Draw on wider best practise to improve business performance capability within Dstl, including leading a community of best practise (inside and outside Dstl).
- Able to Work with minimal guidance
- Delivering through influence
- Working with uncertainty/changing requirements
To find out more, please click Apply Now