About IHS Towers
Founded in 2001 by the trio of Sam Darwish, William Saad and Mohamad Darwish, along with a strong team of telecoms sector engineers, IHS is one of the largest independent owners, operators and developers of shared telecommunications infrastructure in the world by tower count, with more than 29,514 towers across nine markets. IHS continues to grow and develop its existing positions and offerings in Brazil, Cameroon, Colombia, Côte d'Ivoire, Kuwait, Nigeria, Peru, Rwanda and Zambia.
The Assistant Manager - Category Management, Technical Procurement, will be responsible for effective management of assigned tasks related to category strategy development and hands-on execution; supplier market and spend data analysis; preparing sourcing projects, implementing of supplier agreements. All in order to effectively deliver savings and internal efficiencies to the business, from cost, quality, process and time perspective.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Category strategies and procurement plans: Understand/analyze IHS spend, understand/analyze relevant supply market dynamics and supplier capabilities, manage the demand and specifications, hands-on support for procurement initiatives, sourcing projects, measure and prepare report on procurement category progress and performance
- Strategic Sourcing: Gather information for development of sourcing strategies, drafting contracts and supply agreements, ensure agreements handover to stakeholders, for local implementation and day-to-day management
- Process development and compliance: Support procurement processes review for the category scope, consolidate KPIs for progress reporting, ensure compliance and application of IHS Group policies
- Category Governance: Implement Project Governance in the assigned categories, ensure full alignment, understanding and adoption of roles & responsibilities in agreed governance model with local, countries' teams
- Bachelors Degree or a Technical Bachelor's Diploma/Degree in combination with relevant Procurement certification, e.g.
- Experience of 5-7 Years in a technical or operations role in MNO or OEM.
- APICS CSCP (Certified Supply Chain Professional)
- CPSM (Certified Professional in Supply Management)
- MCIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply)
- Track record of independently handling sourcing efforts and contracting
- Experience of working with cross-functional teams in complex sourcing projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in English
- Expert Level in MS-Excel and PowerPoint
- African market experience is an advantage
- Strong Project management skills in handling multi-country/regional/global Sourcing and Outsourcing
Interested in applying? Please submit:
- Your CV
- A brief cover letter including your salary expectations, right to work status, and notice period (ideally one month or less).
- A list of any relevant achievements or process improvements in your career
Contact Name: IHS Towers