Remote Working for Duration
No Clearance Checks Required
The Security Engineer role is part of the client cyber security program. Candidates in this role will plan, implement, manage, monitor and maintain the appropriate technologies, document procedures using industry best practices, understanding security controls for the protection of the client data, systems and networks. Ideal candidates should be experienced in the areas of networking, cloud, client/server technologies, and associated technology platforms. Must have experience in Linux/Unix and Windows operating systems.
Essential skills and experience
- 3 to 5 years experience in Information Technology (IT), Cyber Security, Incident Detection, Incident Response, and Forensics
- Experience with coding, scripting, such as Python, Java, PowerShell, etc.
- Engineering and Administration of network security platforms such as SIEM, various cyber security technologies, e.g. Firewalls. WAF, IDPS, DLP, Web Proxies, O365 Security, End Point Security, SOAR, SIEM, Tanium, etc.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strategically plan and tactically drive technical design changes to integrated security systems and physical control solutions that will ensure proprietary/confidential data and systems are protected
- Configures and validates secure systems and physical controls, and tests security products and systems to prevent security weakness with awareness of security trends and hacking techniques
- Leads efforts on mission-critical security infrastructure projects
- Designs, develops, or recommends proactive measures to ensure successful uptime of the cyber security infrastructure